Valley Brew

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Country....I had not really looked at it close for a few weeks until today for the picture and it is clearing nicely! I racked it into the secondary on Feb 17.

Lets hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Lets hope it tastes lots better than any of my attempts at mead!

smiley36.gif

You can be one of the Judges...when it is ready I will send down a bottle and maybe some ice wine if you are real lucky!
smiley36.gif

Wow! That mead looks GREAT! Hmmm... I have to find some honey QUICK.... I feel a mead coming on!

hahahaha

Only thing is that I didn't start at a high enough SG and it doesn't have enough sweetness left. Fumble on the yeast calculation I guess...I used Lalvin D-47 which should quit at 12-14 abv. Now I have to sweeten it up some! Edited by: masta

It is but I wanted the yeast to quit and leave some residual sugar so I wouldn't have to adjust to a semi-sweet mead. Since this is an traditional mead I would like to avoid using any sorbate and sulfites.

I guess I can try and cold condition now and get the yeast to drop out and then add some more honey to bring theSG back up a bit.

A Few Pics of the Fruit Wines and Mead here @ Valley Brew

2005-04-15_155125_Mead.JPG

Red Raspberry Melomel on Left and Orange Blossom Cyser in Front

2005-04-15_155237_Blackberry.JPG

Blackberry Batches 5 gal and 3 gal from Vintners Harvest Fruit

2005-04-15_155434_Strawberry.JPG

Started this Strawberry yesterday with 15 lbs of frozen berries...added a spigot to primary Country!Edited by: masta

Ah Yes! Spigots...
smiley36.gif
Wow, you got some good looking wine goin' on!

Scott, I am getting ready to make a strawberry wine as well..got a good recipe to share?Edited by: Maui Joe

5 Gals on the strawberry...relax pal on topping off.... lots of fermentation still happening!
smiley2.gif

Oh rightie then! Much Thanks Masta. You favor using RC 212 in most of your fruit reds or just for this particular ?

Well since I am a newbie at fruit wines I used the RC 212 for the Blackberry on advice from Jack Keller's site. I used the same for the strawberry because I had in the fridge...and from what I have read it should be fine.

The white grape juice and brown sugar should really give this wine some body....it smells awesome!

Racked the strawberry tonight on day 7 and tested/tasted....1.020 SG and quite tasty!

2005-04-21_165150_Strawberry_1.JPG

Back