Vineco White kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

Putterrr, when you zest, are you skinning the citrus, and then using a tool to remove the zest from the outer (colored) skin or just using the whole thing?

Best, Fran

I just use my rasp tool to remove most of the coloured part and then add that.

cheers

Putterrr,
Is the EP Riesling Gewurztraminer a dry kit or is it designed to be sweet(er)?

I have been drinking the 2012 Chateau Ste. Michelle Gewurztraminer which I really like. I am not a white wine drinker but do enjoy this one. It is 12.5% ABV with 1.6g residual sugar. 98% Gewurztraminer and 2% Muscat. Would like to find one like this to make.

My wife and I and most of our friends are dry red wine drinkers. We do 3-4 whites a years and I was worried that the EP Riesling Gewurztraminer would be too sweet. The F-pack is on the small side and its gives it just a hint of sweetness - more of a fruity impression than sweet. I dont take final SG readings so I would guess it is around 12.5%. No info on what the F-pack addition did to the SG either. Perhaps someone who measures these things will chime in and provide that for you. I would make it again in a heart beat.

cheers

Putterrr,
Thanks for the response. I may give this a go as I have really gotten into the dryer Gewurtz. I just hope it is more Gewurtz than Riesling.

haha
The only reason I know all the numbers from the 2012 Chateau Ste. Michelle Gewurztraminer is they have the fact sheet on their website.

Back