Zork Availability

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PandemoniumWines

Save the Winos
Reaction score
Does anyone else in here use Zorks?

That's all I've ever used, my first wine making startup kit had them inside, and they were so easy and cheap, I just continued on with them.

Now it seems like they're REALLY hard to find, and when I do, their price has doubled, making them less attractive.

Anyone know if they're not making them any more, or having a shortage or something?

How do you insert Zorks? Do you start them and tap them in with a rubber hammer or can them be pushed all the way in by hand?

I bought some a while back when a wine making supplier was going out of business but have yet to use them.

I have used Zorks in the past, but I found they are expensive and I personally do not think the finished product look as good.

The only advantage that I have found is that you don't need the cork screw Personally, I find them to be expensive and they make the bottle look cheap. There are plenty of fine methods to seal your wine and corks are more traditional. Given that, you can ind them listed on Amazon and Norcal.

How do you insert Zorks? Do you start them and tap them in with a rubber hammer or can them be pushed all the way in by hand?

I bought some a while back when a wine making supplier was going out of business but have yet to use them.
I am a female and I was successful in putting them in by hand.

Did Zork go out of business? I really really like the ease of using them and honestly don't think they looked all that bad. As mention above, so easy to put in by hand with a good quick hard push. Really going to miss them.

they are out of business. I did purchase some by searching the web but I found that their qc in the past was poor. Once set some are very difficult to open. have to use channel locks to pry off the zork. Maybe why they went out of business.

For all the extra money you spend on Zorks, you could buy a nice floor corker. I love mine and wouldn’t be without. Makes corking bottles super fast and super easy.

Latest posts

Back