zinfandel help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimm

Junior
Reaction score
hello all , been reading & learning here for awhile . november i did a sun cal can of concentrate for 5 gal. of wine . it fermented out ok , but the taste is at best , non descript . i wish i had used 3 gal. water only , may have improved it ? anyway , i was thinking of using a rasberry frozen concentrate ( or any other one recomended ) to give it a flavor . if this is ok , how many cans would a person use per 5 gallons ?
or any suggestions at all to improve this wek taste / flavor wine . ( oak in zinfandel ? ) thanks . chimm

I would use oak....

You may also be able to make another batch that is as strong as it can be.... and then blend them?????

IMO these cans of concentrate arent very good at all. I would make a fruit wine and gently blend it in. Do not judge kits in the same group as these as most are worlds apart.

thanks for the feedback ! wish i had checked out the info on this site beforehand . i'll chalk this up to a learning curve xperience . don't believe what the mail catologs say ( without checking first ) . "fruit wine and gently blend it "would cherry & / or blueberry work , wade ? i have a gallon of each going now . : )

Either would work quite well IMO. Just start off small and multiply up when you have what you think is a good blend. Ive heard of many doing exactly this as they find out the same thing that you have discovered with this concentrate and actually loved the end result and keep buying it just for this purpose.

Latest posts

Back