zero water

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the commercail on t.v. where the waiter pours red wne into a water fliter and it comes out clear

the web page says it uses a iron exchange filter and will even take out clorine

just saw the commercial again, they do dilute the wine into water then filter clear

I'd toss the water and suck on the filter to get that wine deliciousness! If their system is "THAT" good, I'd say they invented a form of distillation. It they're pulling pure water, all that would be left behind is the good stuff.... ya?

Yeah, but can you pour water in the other end and have red wine come out???? Now that I would buy!!!

With some modifications maybe a little help from David Blaine it could be used to make an F-Pack?
Pour in a couple gallons of stuff and create a nice clear concentrate.

Im guessing it would suck a lot of the flavor out of it though probably like a carbon filter.

I can not believe more people have not seen this, the question is, if you pour red wine into water and run it thru the filter is it possiable to take out all the red, like it show on the commercial, it also boast of taking out all solids hence the names zero

it's really very easy to filter out the color... use too much fining or do it too many times and you'll end up with a nearly clear wine. i know cause i did it. when i first started i had a batch that wouldn't clear up i'd added pectic enzyme but found out later not enough.... the multiple finings took away the color but left the haze i was trying to get rid of.... know of others that used or rather mis-used a deep bed filter and got clear wine.
mike

I did some reading on the zero water pitcher for coffee brewing water.

It takes over 3 hours for the water to drip from top to bottom. It is indeed a tiny RO system that's really slow.

Latest posts

Back