yummy!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmahoney

Reaction score
I bottled the Selection Australian Cabernet/Shiraz kit the first part of October. At first taste this month I thought it to be somewhat of a bitterness to it. I was some what dissapointed!

But, as I listened to the forum here talk about decanters. I decided to try this technique of leaving it in a decanter for one hour before drinking. Did that smoothen out! Then I left it over night in the decanter, and it is still nice. I usually left my bottles in the refrigerator to keep cool. Upon drinking them I would let them warm, not quite to room temperature, but somewhere in between. From now on I will leave it in the decanter prior to drinking. It really made a big difference to me. Thanks everyone.
smiley4.gif

I agree, it sure does make a difference. I don't have a true decanter yet but I will pour a glass and let it set for an hour or so. I am heading to World Market today to see if I can find one.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Wait until that kit gets six to 9 months in the bottle if you think it's good now. I have a bottle of that about every month or so, and it is really coming around nicely at almost a year.
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back