yummy yummy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubz

Boozer
Reaction score
thought id update everyone on whats going on with my wine since i havent been around in a while

first a freak accident happened with my rasberry blueberry apple concoction i made and i had to toss it
was picking up the carboy(its just a big water jug)and sqeezed it too hard and the bleach water in my homemade airlock backfired up into the tube
after a little sip to see if it got in the wine i realized it was garbage

my apple has been sitting for a while now (started in the beginning of July)
sort of forgot about it the last few months on purpose and stuck it in the back of the closet where i couldnt see it

so that makes 3 months now
i tasted it again the other day after i racked itwow what a difference since the first taste i had of it

camera needs batteries or id take a pic of how well it is clearing
has a nice apple juice color to it

suppose ill give it a few more weeks and see if its cleared all the way but i dont see it clearing much more since i can see right thought it now and there isnt much of anything floating in it anymore but time will tell

Last edited:
Yo use bleach n the airlock? Get that stuff out of there!!!!!!! Use sulfite solution or even better a cheap vodka. What was garbage about it, was it the fact that bleach got in there. Just another reason I dont like plastic carboys!

Bleach? Why in the world would you use that?

Call it a learning curve.

Plastic had nothing to do with it:d.....Upper

When you sqeeze a plastic carboy (like at picking it up from the floor) it will push CO2 out. When you next put it down it sucks air in with the possibility that any solution in the airlock will be sucked in too.
That's why Wade does not like plastic carboys.
This will not happen with glass...

Nevertheless BLEACH IN THE AIRLOCK ?????

Luc

lesson learned
i did it in the first place to get rid of the smell it was making but i guess there is better ways

nubz,

You are hereby forgiven, no more spankings to follow!!!:D

So whats next on the plan? Got another batch in the sights? Tell us we wanna help, and of course beat you silly if you ever add bleach to your airlock again.!LOL:D

We still love ya man, lets get another batch goin.

As far as the smell. Thats the beauty of making wine or beer at home, especially in a small space, it saves you on socks.

Because, when the lil woman questions that "funky smell" just blame it on the wine. This may only work a couple times but it is worth a shot. Ever lived close to Koreans? Holy Kim Chee batman!!! makes wine made from socks sound pretty good.LOL

Troy
:b

Last edited:
not much till it gets warmer next spring
doesnt stay warm enough in my house during the winter
well it could but i would go broke paying the electric bill

get rid of smell? I dont have any hard fermenting going right now and I miss it

Latest posts

Back