Your Favorite Wine Kit Manufacture

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite wine kit?

• Cellar Craft

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • Wine Kitz

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Heron Bay

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mosti Mondiale

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • Packlab

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • RJ Spagnols

Votes: 67 21.8%
  • Vineco

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • WineXpert

Votes: 147 47.7%
  • Other

Votes: 32 10.4%

• Total voters
Since I've been introduce to winemaking by someone using fresh juice pals, I've been working with Mosti Mondiale only for the last four years. IN addition to their fresh juice, I have also tried their sterile must (All Juice). Very satisfying so far.

I don't use any wine kits.I pick my own fruit and start from scratch and add my own sugar

Last edited:
I started out using Wine Expert kits, since it is readily available at the LBS and reasonably priced, so it is the only one I know anything about.

As I make my wines from wild or scrounged fruits I have no need for a kit.

We have tried quite a few different kits but our best has been the many choices offered by Wine Expert , we've tried 2 port kits and they were by Diamanti kits but they were very good kits.I do most of our buys on Ebay because of the prices and Free shipping on many of the kits offered for sale . We have bees and I have started sweetening some of our kits alittle with honey and we're looking forward to a different taste ..

Fresh fruits and vegies for my wines. Tried a couple canned fruit baces, not sure I would call them a kit. Don't even remember which ones. They were alright, fresh is better.

I just started this hobby and have only made WE Eclipse so far - I will say I went that route because after my initial research my initial impression was that these were high quality and that's what I am interested in.

At this point I'll keep making some kits but have just ordered a Mosti Amarosso 23L bucket (with 2x extra grape packs for 2x the fun) because I drank some Amaronne and Ripasso recently and fell in love all over again.

Also have that new WE super tuscan on order -

Really looking forward to figuring out how to get some fresh grapes or must buckets here in season and making all my carboys available for that fun ;)

Cheers!
-jb

I had a hard time deciding what wine kit manufacturer I prefer. Initially, I planned on voting for Cellar Craft with RJ Spagnols and WineXpert tied for second choice. However, my purchase history favors WineXpert. Since actions speak louder than words, I ended up voting for WineXpert as my favorite.

I have used quite a few brands and have never really been disappointed. To be fair I usually tweak some of the kits a bit. I might add white cranberry or peach to the Riesling, or sour cherry to the white merlot or whatever sounds good to me. I just enjoy the process and being able to share it with family and friends.

I have voted for Cellar Craft . My second choice would be RJS .I don't have enough experience with Wine Expert to rate them . :b

I've done mostly fontana kits. the wine expert kit i did do wasn't even close to the hot rod fontana ones I've done. I'm sure the higher priced kits are better but I'm a casual winemaker, just having fun with it

the store I use only carries Winexpert. I have made only a MullerThurgough, a white Zin, and a red blend and all have been good and are getting better as they age. Recently bought a Pinot Noir kit and will get it started soon. Only started 6 months ago and am now looking at trying fresh grapes this fall. Also started a 3 gallon batch of strawberry wine from fresh strawberries.

I wonder a little about the short time span from start to bottling but I am following the directions.

Last edited:
Winexpert is #1

We, at Harmony Winery in Fishers, Indiana, use juice kits and winery series bulk juices from Winexpert, RJ Spagnols and US Elite wines, to produce our line of fine wines. The Winery is both, a winery, and a U-vint facility. We allow folks to come in and take a class, making their own batch, which they purchase.
We offer a great alternative to our customers with juice and wines from all over the world!!!
We have found the highest quality and character detail in these 3 producers.
Delivery and customer service with our wholesalers is excellent too.
The only downside we have is when they discontinue one of our best selling products like Nero D'avola and the White Chocolate White Port style wine.

We started as amateur wine makers, winning 21 medals, and to date 29 as a commercial winery.

We also bring in bulk juice in barrels from Chile, California, France, Newy York and Italy to make much larger batches in our tanks too.

Thanks for asking. If you are in the area, stop in and taste some wines. We also sell the kits and all wine making supplies.

Cheers,
Harmony Winery

They are all good if the winemaker takes care. Oh, and you forgot Williams kits.

I've never bought any recently, my wife is the wino and she drinks very little - I just make them on my own from juices when she needs or wants more.. I bought one from an LHBS many years back, and it sucked - it was a red Burgundy wine, but that won't help your survey, Sorry!

I have only made the Wine Expert kits so far. They have been turning out really good so far. I buy from The Brew Shop in OKC. They have a pretty good selection. I have a Pinot and a Trinity Red aging now. Getting ready to start another kit or maybe a juice bucket this time.

Winexpert Kits

In central Ohio Winexpert leads the way. Making wine now for a year and a half. We have made 11 Winexpert kits, 2 more are now in fermentation, and 5 more just waiting to get started.

Not a bad batch yet. All really good. Some have been outstanding.

Once these are all going I think my first non-Winexpert wine will be to make a batch of Walmart wine.

Wine Expert is the most popular Concentrate kit since it is in almost every store in part because their main supplier this carries this brand. I prefer kits from RJ Spagnals but the truth of the matter is the more you pay for a kit the better the quality is.

Latest posts

Back