Your Favorite Wine Kit Manufacture

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite wine kit?

• Cellar Craft

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • Wine Kitz

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Heron Bay

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mosti Mondiale

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • Packlab

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • RJ Spagnols

Votes: 67 21.8%
  • Vineco

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • WineXpert

Votes: 147 47.7%
  • Other

Votes: 32 10.4%

• Total voters
I like making all brands but I love the quality at a reasonable price I can get by buying RJS kits. I also like the low priced Fontana kits, especially the 5.5lt kits. I've made very good wine from tweaked Fontana kits. Part of the fun is taking a low end kit and manipulating the recipe/process to make a better wine. One of our favorites is made from a WE Vintners Reserve kit.

It's not the kit, it's the winemakers skill that makes good wine. :)

I make Winexpert kits for my reds and whites. For my fruity wines I like orchard breezin' and Winexpert. Both are equal- just different flavors.
I feel Winexpert has a nice , good quality kit plus they have excellent customer service.

I buy from Finevinewines in Texas and usually I purchase RJS kits. My favorite is Valpolicella Ripassa with the raisins and oak. This tastes so great!!! Other than that kit I like big reds from Spain or Italy.

I've only done winexpert. That's the only brand available around me. Can't say I care to much for the red kits. All have kit taste imo. Whites are awesome

Winexpert are the only ones around me. All have been very good, both flavor and kit contents. I have no problem sticking with them, but yes, they are the only kits I can get around here

For manufacturer it depends what I'm looking for, price, and quality. I prefer to buy through Labelpeelers though. Great company with great prices and service.

I've only made the kits from Wine Expert in the beginning when I started. Lately I've been making juice pails with some fresh grapes added. :?

I only use RJ Spagnols since the only wholesale distributor for Wine Expert Kits (LD Carlson) will not sell to me. They say there are too many homebrew stores in my area. Can you believe that? :? So, I give my business to BSG Handcraft for the Spagnols kits. :db

I've used Cru, RJS, and Wine Expert. I like the Cruise and RJS over Wine Expert.

I have used WinExpert so far because that is what's available at the local homebrewing store and shipping costs at online retailers typically kill a good deal. I did the RJS Amarone which is turning out awesome after 7 months in the carboy.

I've had good luck with Wine Expert. Low ends kits are easy and gave me the experience to experience and refine processes without wasting money on an expensive kit. Eclipse series are fantastic, especially Stags Leap District Merlot - absolutely incredible red!

Latest posts

Back