Mosti Mondiale Young drinking wine recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quntumleap

Junior
Reaction score
I just finished two MM Renaissance kits, one a Chardonnay and the other an Amarone. I intend to age both a minimum of one year. Right now I am running low on something to drink late spring and summer 2009. Anyone have a suggestion on some MM kits that produce good drinkable wine after 3-5 months. I have done some of the WE VR kits but was not impressed. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

JOHN

Any of the Vinifera Nobe kits are pretty good after just a few months and aren't as thin as the WE quickies.

Also I don't think you need to age the Renaissance Amarone for a full year to ejoy. Just don't drink it all up too soon since you will want to have some after it has aged well. Great wine.

I agree with Appleman as you dont have to wait forever to enjoy a wine as I find most of my wines very good at 3-4 months but like Rich said dont drink them all as they will be totally awesome in a year or more so IMO, just keep making the great wines. Lifes too short to drink mediocre wines.

I don't know what happened to the MM Fantazia fruit wine kits George used to stock, but that might be ready to drink in such a short time. Otherwise, I would suggest letting your wine age and brew a wheat beer to consume next summer. George has the appropriate beer kit and your winemaking equipment will suffice for beer making, except for a capper, caps and beer bottles. Unlike wine,ales can be enjoyed within a matter of weeks after fermentation.

If you don't like beer, then I'd suggest buying several kitsand carboys to build a large supply of wine quickly, but let them all age 1-2 years before drinking. Buy yourself commercial wine in the meantime. Once you have built your cellar with homemade wine to over 100-200 bottles, you can then make kits to replace the properly aged wine you drink.Edited by: dfwwino

I agree with DF, George has a wide array of beer kits. The "no boil" kits are awesome as I have made a few and the Winterfest is almost ready to bottle!
I also suggest buying the commericial wines and build up that wine cellar or rack. The wait will be delicious!!
smiley4.gif

If you like white wines I have found Sauvignon Blanc's and Pinot Grigio very good early drinkers, even in the VR line. Might look that direction. The Mist type kits are ready to drink at bottling as well but most of those are sweet wines.

Latest posts

Back