You know your a wine maker when:

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..when the wife throws you and the dog into the backyard and then throws that "thig-of-a-muh-jig" at you!:D

When you notice that you've replaced the phrase "I need to buy some of that" with "I need to make some of that".

Sid,
{..when the wife throws you and the dog into the backyard and then throws that "thig-of-a-muh-jig" at you}
and in Alaska I hope she throws a coat out too...........

I think it was Wade who said when he first got hooked on the wine making his wife was nagging him about spending so much time in "that" room, still cracks me up.
:)

That was me, now I hear it about being o the computer, well until a month ago. Now she is busy doing tons of homework as she started nursing scghool and she gets 3-4 hours of work so I get to do all the house work!

OKK Sorry SID :(
and Wade, you still would need a coat... Not quite as bad as SID but;;; :rolleyes:

When you go to the dump and come back with more stuff(bottles) then you left the house with!

you've found a reason to "sanitize" items out of your tool chest, your kid's toybox, and your wife's closet.....

when a friend pisses you off and the first thing you think is..."Pft :mad: fine you not getting any wine...take that your off the LIST!!!":D

You know you are a wine maker when you taste samples at a winery and you think to yourself, "Mine tastes better than that." :D

Or when you actually bring a few bottles and they offer these up to customers and the customers actually like yours better!:) True story! I told them 2 years ago that I was also a winemaker and they said next time you come bring some so last year when i went I did and brought my Blueberry Melomel and my Black Currant and everyone they gave a sample to asked me if I was selling any. I said no but then slipped them my email address before we left and we EXCHANGED goods.

When the first thing you do every day is log on to this site, you might be a wine making addict.

Last edited:
Or when you wake up and run to your cellar to see if fermentation has started on a batch kind of like a kid running to the christmas tree on Christmas Morn!

When you have so many carboys you don't have a place to put them. :)

When 3 months ago you didn't know what a carboy was and now you are tripping over them and your wife is giving you that look !::

Latest posts

Back