You know it’s harvest season when...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any reason you are keeping everything in the fridge? I just received my yeasts and FermK but just kept them in the box.

I keep my yeast and MLB in the fridge if their use is more than a few weeks away. Never thought to do it with nutrients or other additives.

You know it's harvest season when....

Your family get very annoyed with you that all their plans are contingent on when the various harvests come in.

They have learned not to plan anything in September!

Any reason you are keeping everything in the fridge? I just received my yeasts and FermK but just kept them in the box.

The yeast needs to be stored in the fridge, everything else is stored there so I know where it is.

A quick google search below. My garage sees summer time temps over 100 degrees.

If you store your packets of wine yeast at room temperature, it will be active enough to use for at least 1 year. If your yeast is being stored above 80 degrees F., then its useful life-span will be shortened accordingly. If you store your yeast in the refrigerator, your yeast will be fine for at least two years.

You know it's harvest season when....

Your family get very annoyed with you that all their plans are contingent on when the various harvests come in.

They have learned not to plan anything in September!

lol that is exactly the situation at my house. We haven't celebrated my birthday in years on October 5th because it always seems to land on press day! haha

I learned the hard way last year. Everything is in the fridge because of humidity. Nothing like trying to stab solidified yeast nutrient out of a bottle b.c. the home brew store is closed on Sunday night...

Back