You can just call me LUCKY!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I took my last batch of frozen blackberries out and put them in my oldest plastic primary to thaw and get the process started.
Gave them time, campden and other goodies and then let them sit.
24 hours later I checked the SG, added sugar, yeast and put the top on it and smiled.
The next day, I saw my peach was ready to move to a carboy, so I did that then stirred my blackberry.
I sat down to watch some tv then went back to the kitchen for a drink, only to look and see,,,
MY BLACKBERRY POURING OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE PRIMARY!
It had undoubtably developed a crack in the plastic I hadn't noticed and decided to get leaking.
I was lucky that by the time I caught it, it was only down an inch in the primary.
I was lucky, I had racked my peach to free up my two new primaries.
I was really lucky, it was sitting on a towel in a chair and not on the kitchen table.
So you can just call me lucky...
I'm off to buy me a lotto ticket for tonight.

Sounds likwe you had one of the plastic buckets that were recalled for just that reason. U better ck the others...

wow, you WERE lucky...i've had my spigot open once, but thankfully that was an immediate catch.

The wine gods were on yoyr side but must have been a little peaved at you for something else and just let you go with a slight warning. :)

This was one of those short squatty buckets with writing on one side in English and on the other side in French or Italian.
Beer and wine fementor!! Well, it saw it's better days. Now it will be something for picking berries in!

Its a nice attitude to count your blessings then cry over spilled milk oops in this case wine.

There you go, blame it on the French and Italians!

What do they know about making wine anyway. LOL

Latest posts

Back