You are all to blame.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Nesmith

Reaction score
My Cabernet Sauvignon is close to a year old now. My wife likes it so much she won’t drink store bought wine any more. That has me on overtime making wine. I also have a Merlot close to a year old that she also likes a lot. Right now I have six gallons of Argentina Malbec and six gallons of Brunello that have both been aging for around four months. I need to get another six gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon fermenting. In all seriousness thanks to everybody for your help getting started. It is greatly appreciated.

Hey get adventurous - try a "Country Fruit Wine" something like Peach (If she likes white wines) Tart cherry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Black Currant.

You can't tell I'm lobbying for fruit wines can you? :i

My Cabernet Sauvignon is close to a year old now. My wife likes it so much she won’t drink store bought wine any more. That has me on overtime making wine. I also have a Merlot close to a year old that she also likes a lot. Right now I have six gallons of Argentina Malbec and six gallons of Brunello that have both been aging for around four months. I need to get another six gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon fermenting. In all seriousness thanks to everybody for your help getting started. It is greatly appreciated.
Brutal how infectious this hobby is! It only adds fuel to the fire when your significant other loves the product. There are much worse things to get involved in.

@Rusty Nesmith, you have been handed THE best excuse for buying more carboys: "My wife made me do it!"

Bask in the glory of those who envy you!

Ladies -- this excuse is omni-directional, it applies to all spouses. Use it if you can!
I agree. It is a good problem to have. My problem is there is only one place near me to buy from and he isn’t cheap. A six gallon glass carboy is around $60.

I agree. It is a good problem to have. My problem is there is only one place near me to buy from and he isn’t cheap. A six gallon glass carboy is around $60.
packagingoptionsdirect.com as long as you spend over $150 shipping is free i just got 11, 6 gallon premium italian glass carboys, to my door at $34 each
thicker then normal italian glass carboys i know because i own both, if i messed up the address tell me and i'll write it down ,
Dawg

Thanks I will have to check them out. Right now I am buying some bottles and another Cab Sav kit. Label Peelers is having 40% off and can get 12 bottles for $10. I will be bottling 60 in the very near future.

Thanks I will have to check them out. Right now I am buying some bottles and another Cab Sav kit. Label Peelers is having 40% off and can get 12 bottles for $10. I will be bottling 60 in the very near future.
homebrewohio.com the green bottles i use are $14.49 and over $50 shipping is free. good luck
Dawg

Latest posts

Back