Yet Another Skeeter Pee Thread

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be starting my first batch of skeeter pee tonight. I am making a six gallon batch 3 gallions I will finish with sugar the other 3 gallons I will either leave non-sweetened or sweeten with splenda.

FYI

Read more at Suite101: Nutrients in Natural Sweeteners: Agave, Maple Syrup, Honey and Stevia Contain Vitamins and Minerals http://food-facts.suite101.com/article.cfm/nutrients_in_natural_sweeteners#ixzz0pYQWZWWS

sources

WHFoods.com

Allie

Thanks Allie That answered alot of questions I had about Stevia and wasn't surprised to read what they said about Splenda .

I work in a coffee shop and hate when people ask me to put in 5-6 splenda in thier coffee . 1 or even half one doesn't bother me as much but these people get 3-4 coffee / day so what is that doing to them ??? .

My mother is diabetic, but she still likes to sample my wines. So she just sits back like an old wine-tasting pro and does the sniff-sip-&-spit routine. She gets to enjoy the wines without the calories.

I am a diabetic almost all my wines are dry so are not a problem and I normally only drink a glass or two with meals except for my port that I like to sip at night. The skeeter pee I see as a drink I may have on hot summer days. I have ordered some stevia liquid, so I have decided half of the 6 gallon batch of skeeter pee I will finish with sugar for my wife and freinds, the other half I will leave dry so it can be drank dry, with sugar or stevia.

I would not put Splenda in your wine with the exception of adding it to your glass as you drink it, Ive heard it changes after some bottle time unlike other natural sweeteners.

Thanks for the input. I have decided not to add splenda. I have decided to leave 1/2 the batch un-sweetened and sweeten it as I drink it. The first half I will sweeten with regular sugar.

I am an insulin dependent diabetic and I have no problem with wine making. I simply back sweeten less for my own stock. Your taste buds become accustomed to less sweetening although it is really carbs that have to be counted rather than sugar.
We more experienced diabetics also learn when to bolus extra insulin to cover any extra carbs we may take in and to snack lightly if we are drinking. Alcohol may cause hypos so it is wise to have a few carbs handy.

I just spilled a beer in my lap, it was yesterdays so it is warmed up and i swear, it felt like pee. I am only basing that on what I heard it feels like.

I just spilled a beer in my lap, it was yesterdays so it is warmed up and i swear, it felt like pee. I am only basing that on what I heard it feels like.

Thanks for this enlightening and helpful contribution to the discussion honey. LOL.

Technically, if it was yesterday's beer, and it was warm, and it felt like you wet yourself, and it passed through your kidneys..... it was pee. No need to be ashamed, it happens to some men as they get older.

2922180150086115831JPJCHE_ph.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back