Yes, the raspberry has restarted

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
I have been more than a little forward in saying I backsweetin without sorbate. I have last year raspberry working away right now. It restarted after a year of aging. Yes the SG has gone down. But being as it is in a carboy under airlock it is not a real problem. If I had bottled this wine I would probably had corks laying around and red mess to clean up. Now you all know why I bulk age so long. Looks like I will need to ask Sage for more honey and backsweetin again. Also mean, clearing and degassing. Guess the Raspberry will have a little more kick!

To bad. Interesting that it took so long to restart.

I really hate the taste of sorbate, so I understand why you don't use it. Good time for really good sterile filter equipment... it's only money! :d

Oh man what a mess that would have made! My Mullberry did that and I actually walked into my cellar while 1 of the bottles was sizzling and a very very fine stream was coming out. I walked right through and was like WTF just sprayed in my face? Then I noticed 1 bottle was only 1/2 a bottle and I dont mean 1/2 full. The other half of the bottle was across the room with the cork still in it but everything had dried up. I went in there as my wife was complaining that it smelled different around here washer and dryer! LOL

To bad. Interesting that it took so long to restart.

I really hate the taste of sorbate, so I understand why you don't use it. Good time for really good sterile filter equipment... it's only money! :d
Robie I have a fiter, just don't use it.

Latest posts

Back