Yeast energizer?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleedaggie

Reaction score
Im doing a butterscotch mead that has been steadily bubbling since before Christmas. I added yeast energizer once. Should I add more? I’ve read through here and know some of you have had 2+ months of fermentation. I’m not necessarily in a hurry except to get something else going behind it.

What's your current SG?

Typically you use energizer at pitch and then nutrient up until the 1/3rd sugar break. After that, the yeast usually don't use anything else you would add.

What's your current SG?

Typically you use energizer at pitch and then nutrient up until the 1/3rd sugar break. After that, the yeast usually don't use anything else you would add.

It’s still at 1.040

Sounds like a stuck fermentation then. I would make a starter with new yeast and energizer, then pitch that after a few days. But I don't think that adding more nutrients or energizer to what you have now would work.

Did you do anything else out of the ordinary that would cause the stuck fermentation? You should try to identify why it's stuck before trying to remedy.

Sounds like a stuck fermentation then. I would make a starter with new yeast and energizer, then pitch that after a few days. But I don't think that adding more nutrients or energizer to what you have now would work.

Did you do anything else out of the ordinary that would cause the stuck fermentation? You should try to identify why it's stuck before trying to remedy.

Thanks. Nothing that I know of. But I’m still a beginner, so I wouldn’t know.

Stuck even though it’s still bubbling?

Stuck even though it’s still bubbling?

I started 2 batches of mead on Dec 26. OG 1.104, current SG 1.005. So you still being at 1.040 is a bit odd.

What yeast did you use? Did you add any nutrients? How long have you been at 1.040? What exactly is in your mead (some sugars are not fermentable)?

Latest posts

Back