Yeast continuam

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upper

Reaction score
I have a couple of Lalvin yeasts going on on some grape skins.Could I put a little of that on some new Elderberry and see if it takes off.Not cheap just frugal and I have no other yeast at this time.....Upper

Absolutely, you've got an active yeast going and it's already acclimated to alcohol.

I concur, it will do better then trying to start a new yeast. This is what beer makers do.

It is handy to have 2 batches going at the same time (not sure I would mix Red with White). When my rice wine wasn't taking off a few days ago, I "borrowed" a little liquid from my mango blend and it worked beautifully.

The yeast was similar Levin 1116 and 1118 (or maybe I just think they are similar) just guess the campden needed more time to get evaporated?

I have a couple of Lalvin yeasts going on on some grape skins.Could I put a little of that on some new Elderberry and see if it takes off.Not cheap just frugal and I have no other yeast at this time.....Upper

By all means do.
Both are red wines so the colour is no issue.

I do it all the time, using apple cider, and call it a yeast starter........

Luc

Latest posts

Back