years since I last made any wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbo

Junior
Reaction score
Its been quite a few years now since I made any wine, any having decided to have ago again this year, I have bee suprised at the lack of shops and outlets to buy equipment and ingreadients, does any one have any advise on finding local shops and market stalls ?

I live in Rugby, in the midlands, and have so far had to resort to the local tip for my DJ,s and the internet for other stuff.

Hi and welcome,
I am in Milton Keynes and we do have a small shop here. However, I also use the recycling centres and the internet. When you are as addicted to winemaking as I am then you do what you've got to do.
What are you making?

Hiya Timbo and welcome to the forum,

Hopefully there are some online shops in the UK that can courier stuff out to you.

Seems that wine and beermaking is very popular there.. so you should have some access to ingredients.

After all this time, what are you interested in making?

Allie

what am I making ?

well the hedgerows are full of elderberry, blackberry and crab apple at the moment, so it could be any or all 3. Got the buckets and now planning a trip out.

Welcome aboard. I am not sure where you live. Maybe the UK? Anyway, Google is your friend. If there are shops local your best bet is to Google search local to find them. If not, Internet it is. Look forward to reading your posts.

Same here

Its been quite a few years now since I made any wine, any having decided to have ago again this year, I have bee suprised at the lack of shops and outlets to buy equipment and ingreadients, does any one have any advise on finding local shops and market stalls ?

I live in Rugby, in the midlands, and have so far had to resort to the local tip for my DJ,s and the internet for other stuff.

I live:h in Northampton and found only Wilkinsons sell wine making stuff if thats any help. I was told to go to the tip for Demijohns they are over £5 each new and are only available in 1 gallon. Only found 2 in Wilks though seems everyone goes there.

I live:h in Northampton and found only Wilkinsons sell wine making stuff if thats any help. I was told to go to the tip for Demijohns they are over £5 each new and are only available in 1 gallon. Only found 2 in Wilks though seems everyone goes there.

We have J.P. Homebrew here in MK Coolcat. Small but they will order in for you.

Latest posts

Back