years ago this was a great forum, with lots of replays. Been gone for a while and nobody answers a question.. time to find another forum..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
years ago this was a great forum with lots of replays, Been gone for a while , 10 yrs, and nobody answers a question or a comment.. Time to find another site..,

You joined 3 days ago -
I can not see where you posted a question ?

What is your question or is this referring to someone else comment that did not get replied to ?

I believe this is a great source of wealth of information - No it is not immediate results - unlike GOOGLE. But it is definitely honest people giving honest answers.

I have found that there is NO - EXACT way of making wine - that is what makes this Hobby soo interesting - IMHO

origionaly joined in 2000. Been gone for 10 years. Asked 4 or 5 questions with NO REPLYS.. That's the problem, REPLYS AND VIEWS don't show up like they used to.
So you asked a question 10 years ago and you have no replies? You gotta be kidding me. I’m sure they were responses but maybe through an update might have been lost. It’s happened. Can you post a link to the original post?

years ago this was a great forum with lots of replays, Been gone for a while , 10 yrs, and nobody answers a question or a comment.. Time to find another site..,
sounds like a glitch or error. zero views/zero replies almost never happens. so let’s start over

what was the question/ what issue brought ya back to the forum?

[and welcome back btw.What wines are u making?]

I guess I must be seeing something that the OP fails to see. One or two questions may not be responded to but that is usually because the question seems to be so esoteric that no one on the forum may have anything like an answer. But otherwise I am not aware that any one posing a question is not responded to by someone. And indeed, I do recall responding to katsboytoy in the last few days... but the site suggests that Katsboytoy joined 5 days ago.

I think people have been very cordial to the few posts he made. This thread really turned me off though, especially someone just joining and making the comment "this site needs to be fixed". Funny it seems to work fine for everyone else.
I went and looked all of his posts since joining, every question was answered, one of them I had answered. Not sure how this person using the site, but clearly, if he thinks 4 or 5 questions went unanswered, he’s not operating the site properly. You can lead a horse to water.............

I've been on here for close to 9 years and have never seen an unanswered question. There may be one or two somewhere, but they would indeed be rare. Can you post a link to one of your unanswered questions?

I guess I must be seeing something that the OP fails to see. One or two questions may not be responded to but that is usually because the question seems to be so esoteric that no one on the forum may have anything like an answer. But otherwise I am not aware that any one posing a question is not responded to by someone. And indeed, I do recall responding to katsboytoy in the last few days... but the site suggests that Katsboytoy joined 5 days ago.
Quite right Bernard. I recall seeing seeing questions and replies myself. Being generous, he could have computer or email problems.

Sadly - It seems to be a trend that perhaps folks are looking for instant gratification (Answers). That might be the case, but; as others said, you have to know how to use the site and part of that is also posting questions in a the right forum section. Personally I only look at 2 sections on a daily basis and 2 others occasionally. This particular one being my occasion look forum.

We see a lot of questions that could be answered without posting if the person looks in the right forum. One the most overlooked forum sections is the Recipes forum.

But, I will admit to ignoring some questions because.... well I try to keep a civil tongue on here, most times. :slp The sort of questions that test me are those that look like - "I put 5 lbs of sugar, 1 gallon of grape juice and some Fleishman's yeast in a bottle - how soon can I drink this stuff." I'm pretty sure that this is not the issue here but sometimes.

Last edited:
Sadly - It seems to be a trend that perhaps folks are looking for instant gratification (Answers). That might be the case, but; as others said, you have to know how to use the site and part of that is also posting questions in a the right forum section. Personally I only look at 2 sections on a daily basis and 2 others occasionally. This particular one being my occasion look forum.

We see a lot of questions that could be answered without posting if the person looks in the right forum. One the most overlooked is the Recipes forum.

But, I will admit to ignoring some questions because.... well I try to keep a civil tongue on here, most times. :slp The sort of question that tests me are those often look like - "I put 5 lbs of sugar, 1 gallon of grape juice and some Fleishman's yeast in a bottle - how soon can I drink this stuff." I'm pretty sure that this is not the issue here but sometimes.
HEHE

i looked at my activity, i welcomed you as did several others, , check you personal preferences', I see on my profile where answers and welcomes were replied to you, so either your preferences are set wrong or you have a glitch,, either way, members are answering you and welcoming you ... shucks if they tolerate me, you're a shoe in...
Dawg

i looked at my activity, i welcomed you as did several others, , check you personal preferences', I see on my profile where answers and welcomes were replied to you, so either your preferences are set wrong or you have a glitch,, either way, members are answering you and welcoming you ... shucks if they tolerate me, you're a shoe in...
Dawg

We have to tolerate you, your too much fun not to!

Joined this forum about a year ago and have had multiple replies, I may also say the advice has moved my kit wine making to another level, I was ready to quit making kits, I have one ageing, one fermenting and two further kits waiting for space.

Latest posts

Back