Y'all are a bad influence.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AkTom

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stop by the landfill on my way home several times a week looking for 4 liter jugs. Not much success on the 4 liters. A number of 1/2 and 3/4 gallon juice bottles. And 750s, 1.5 liter bottles.
I get home tonight with a dozen or so bottles. With the bottles already in the basement I have more than enough to do label removal in my utility sink. It's a deep utility sink. I also have a single bowl sink.
Now you scaliwags, here is where you are a horrible influence. I think I need a third sink. What 58 year old man in his right mind needs 3 sinks!!! I do thanks to all of you. I can't say thanks enough for the help and influence you've been on me.
Tom

well since i'm much younger then you , (56) i just plumbed my wine room sink, a 3 basin with drain shelves on both ends all stainless steel Eagle commercial sink. if i had the room i have a commercial mop sink 24x24 I'd like to add it as well, your sick addictiveness is solely your fault, how dare you blame these enablers, snicker, lol
your just weak, LMFAO,,,,
Dawg::

I stop by the landfill on my way home several times a week looking for 4 liter jugs. Not much success on the 4 liters. A number of 1/2 and 3/4 gallon juice bottles. And 750s, 1.5 liter bottles.
I get home tonight with a dozen or so bottles. With the bottles already in the basement I have more than enough to do label removal in my utility sink. It's a deep utility sink. I also have a single bowl sink.
Now you scaliwags, here is where you are a horrible influence. I think I need a third sink. What 58 year old man in his right mind needs 3 sinks!!! I do thanks to all of you. I can't say thanks enough for the help and influence you've been on me.
Tom

Last edited:
well since i'm much younger then you , (56) i just plumbed my wine room sink, a 3 basin with drain shelves on both ends all stainless steel Eagle commercial sink. if i had the room i have a commercial mop sink 24x24 I'd like to add it as well, your sick addictiveness is solely your fault, how dare you blame these enablers, snicker, lol
your just weak, LMFAO,,,,
Dawg::

Dawg,

I bought a 12 by 20 building (storage building) wired it, insulated it, sheet rocked it, painted it, got a 12 ft counter, 2 freezers, a utility sink, electric hoist to pick up full carboys.

This hobby is sure addicting. :db

LOl, glad to hear we are some kind of influence! :)

I went through a year of house shopping to find the right place that suited my winemaking needs. The wife wanted to choke me in my sleep several times!

It wasn't me that influenced you! I still do my fermenting and stabilization in the kitchen area and then carry the carboy down to the unfinished basement for bulk aging, bottling and storage. :(

It wasn't me that influenced you! I still do my fermenting and stabilization in the kitchen area and then carry the carboy down to the unfinished basement for bulk aging, bottling and storage. :(

I'm with you Bill. Ferment in a spare bedroom, haul out to kitchen to rack, etc. then either a. back to bedroom to finish or b. down to the basement.

@bkisel and @winenforfun, do we need to start a "go fund me" page for you two?
Mike

LOL

I keep telling you guys... I'm not cheap. I'm frugal!
smilie.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
@bkisel and @winenforfun, do we need to start a "go fund me" page for you two?
Mike

haha
I think you may be onto something.

Nah, if I had a true designated winemaking area, Lord only knows how much I would make then. I make wayyyyyy more than I consume right now.

I started with a cheap 3 bottle kit given as a gift. went to a wine making kit on 1 folding chair. now I have a 16 X 20 room in the basement. I want to retire in 18 months but I don't know if I can support my habit. Lol. bakervinyard

Where did I go wrong? I still use an old bucket.......for the mop anyway. Howndog I am so jealous about your three holer::

Latest posts

Back