Xmas Loot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dufresne11

Reaction score
Alright, Santa was very good to this new winemaker. I gave my wife a list of wine needs/wants and called the local wine store to let him know she was coming.

Santa brought me:

A brew bucket with spigot for bottling

Ferm - Go packets

Carboy Brush

Carboy Dryer

The scale with grams that I have been eyeballing

Bungs for 6 - 6.5 - 7 openings

Run of the mill stuff for veterans but pretty exciting not to have to borrow this stuff for a newbie like myself.

I left Santa a bottle of blackberry brandy and a cheesesteak!! I'm still holding out for the pony!

Santa brought me a new 15 gallon brew kettle, a barley crusher, some cigars and a few other little things. All in all a very nice Christmas!

i did alright also our son gave me a $70.00 gift card and MIL gave us a $50.00 gift card so now our kit thats coming in Jan will be paid for :D .

Very nice! I need a barley crusher myself, one of my next purchases! That blows St Allie!

I got a $125 gift certificate from a store that carries RJ Spagnols and Cellar Craft products. Now I have to decide what kit to get. I could wait till next fall and see what Hightails come out. (Sorry Wade couldn't resist. :i )

Steve

Santa was good to me also.I got an Italian floor corker,3 gal. carboy, bottle brush, some #9 corks,skrink caps. and a can of Vintners Harvest Blackberry.

Corker

That is next on my list... My grandfather had an old capper he and his father used to cap root beer they would make every year (the worst root beer EVER). However it has some sentimental value. I am going to see if I can make a corker using the base at least. Might be a fun project for the winter months

got some guayaba (aka guava). just trying to find some good info on how to make some vino with it. searching here for it..... keller has 3lb/gal. enough?

Santa brought me the brix ATC refractometer (sold at williamsbrewing.com)

due to weather I haven't gotten my gifts from the in-laws...had some cleaning brushes (dip tube) on there, and some misc small stuff.

all i really need now is a 6 gallon better bottle for these 6gal wine kits.

That ATC and a Barley Crusher are what I need now and I believe Ill be as set as I want to be!

That is next on my list... My grandfather had an old capper he and his father used to cap root beer they would make every year (the worst root beer EVER). However it has some sentimental value. I am going to see if I can make a corker using the base at least. Might be a fun project for the winter months

A good corker isn't that expensive and I can't imagine an easy way to convert a capper to a corker without ruining the capper and probably costing more than buying a new floor corker.

How about keeping it for a project you might want a capper for. Maybe you'll want to make beer or a sparkling wine or whatnot.

Outdoors, you must have been so hammered and forgot that you are Santa!!!!!

I always say "be what you're going to be, but be good at it". Tooth, you must have been really good at being bad this year! :):):):)

Must be. It's the only thing that makes sense. Funny thing is that I don't work at it at all... it just comes naturally. :)

Latest posts

Back