WTSO

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kire

Reaction score
Not sure if any of you have bought from WTSO however I received a strange email over the weekend that a settlement has been reached in regards to a class action lawsuit. Apparently the "original price" was the point of contention.

If you bought from them be on the lookout from an email titled "Cannon v. Ashburn Corporation d/b/a Wines 'Til Sold Out Class Action Settlement". You will likely receive a credit for a future purchase. If they no longer are able to ship to your state then you will receive a cash payment of 50% of the credit.

Thanks. I've almost always been very happy with the value on the wines I buy from them, though I've thought some of the 'original prices' seems high from time to time.

Ah yes. I've used them, but I'm very selective of what wines I purchase from them. I was aware of some of their practices, but sometimes you can get a great wine at a great deal.

I used to shy away from Malbec as a majority that I had tried, just weren't that great. (most likely because I don't know Malbec all that much) Then I grabbed four bottles on WTSO and it was fantastic (2013 Los Haroldos) Now I can't get anymore and I'm down to my last bottle! :po

I too use WTSO, and especially like their “shipping hold” that I use for inclement weather or if I won’t be home to accept the shipment. Part of me feels guilty about joining in the suit since I am very happy with their products and service.
But then again...

I have bought from WTSO. I always search the wine being offered on Google to see what the actual selling price online (including shipping) is before purchasing. That way I am sure what kind of deal I am getting. Sometimes I "miss out" while searching, but I'd rather do that than pay more. My experience with the wines has been somewhat uneven, but generally positive. I have received no emails yet about the settlement, though. Better check my spam.

UNDER EDIT: Just checked, no email. Hmmm...

Last edited:
I have bought from WTSO. I always search the wine being offered on Google to see what the actual selling price online (including shipping) is before purchasing. That way I am sure what kind of deal I am getting. Sometimes I "miss out" while searching, but I'd rather do that than pay more. My experience with the wines has been somewhat uneven, but generally positive. I have received no emails yet about the settlement, though. Better check my spam.

UNDER EDIT: Just checked, no email. Hmmm...

I got a post card in the mail.

Looks like it ain't over yet, either. Screen shots from current WTSO offer and from wine-searcher.com.

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 2.16.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 2.16.52 PM.png r

Looks like it ain't over yet, either. Screen shots from current WTSO offer and from wine-searcher.com.

Do the winesearcher prices include shipping?

Just noticed the following on the bottom of the WTSO page: "For information regarding the class action settlement for purchasers of wine from WTSO.com prior to November 1, 2016, click here"

I had belonged to WTSO. Found that I was getting burned most of the time.

I am sure that other may have had a different experience, but I have found that most wines on there are either total plonk or not really much of a bargain. I dropped them after just a few purchases.

Latest posts

Back