• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Small Crusher & Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jet

Reaction score
My buddy and I are looking for a small crusher and press. Needs to be within driving distance of southwest Missouri so we can inspect it prior to sale.

Good luck on that one, check out craigslistand any used stuff newspapers.

All the books I've read seem to imply finding them would be easy. The general idea is that there are always people around who have given up winemaking or upgraded to bigger and better equipment.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks

Last edited:
When I was looking they were either to pricey for a used 1 or just in crappy condition and still more then I was willing to pay for that condition.

Wade is right - i had to find my crusher on craigslist for $50 - it is an older one but i think it works better than the newer ones. The crushing mechanism is different - looks more like gears than spikes/blades.

My wife's grandfather has a press - so i lucked out on that.

Sorry you couldnt one but they arent as easy to find as the book you read! Most of the time they arent much cheapoer then a brand new one unless you have a friend who is getting rid of 1!

I see in that article the writer is having issues with wood used for the press.. Wouldn't oak be ok? What are you going to use?

I'd be interested in how effective your press turns out to be too.

Allie

I see in that article the writer is having issues with wood used for the press.. Wouldn't oak be ok? What are you going to use?

I'd be interested in how effective your press turns out to be too.

Allie

Other than the plate that the screw presses against, and the frame, we went with oak (board and plywood). The frame was made with pine 2x4's and the plate out of a heavy piece of hard-rock maple. We got everything cut out this afternoon.

We're going to use polyurethane to finish the wooden parts. That needs to be done before assembly and will probably take us a week or more.

Well, the wine press has had its trial by fire, and it worked OK. Next up, a crusher, and I found some plans on Sunday that look promising.

First Crush

plans

I have plans for building one out of wood, I build my out of oak, I have a small wood shop and saw mill, so I cut my owe wood, but you can go to a saw mill and get slab for free or very little. you can get the screw and nut, band iron at tractor supply, if any one intersted I well be glad to post a file that you can down load, i will put it in a PDF file so all can read it. that if it ok with wade.

Here is one in NE Kansas for $225. Still quite a ways from you.

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/for/1917019294.html

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
manual grape crusher - $225 (Ottawa, KS)

Date: 2010-08-24, 4:23PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Marchisio brand manual grape crusher with 19.5 X 30.5 stainless steel hopper. Excellent condition. Used three times. Very efficient for small vineyards. Comparable models sell for over $300.00 . Must pick up at our farm located east of Ottawa, KS

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1917019294

Jet

Where in the world did you find that picture, the bridge is really sharp, I would love to use it for labels

I have plans for building one out of wood, I build my out of oak, I have a small wood shop and saw mill, so I cut my owe wood, but you can go to a saw mill and get slab for free or very little. you can get the screw and nut, band iron at tractor supply, if any one intersted I well be glad to post a file that you can down load, i will put it in a PDF file so all can read it. that if it ok with wade.
I can't speak for Wade, but AFAIK it's OK to post as long as it's not copyrighted.

Here is one in NE Kansas for $225. Still quite a ways from you.

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/for/1917019294.html

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
manual grape crusher - $225 (Ottawa, KS)

Date: 2010-08-24, 4:23PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Marchisio brand manual grape crusher with 19.5 X 30.5 stainless steel hopper. Excellent condition. Used three times. Very efficient for small vineyards. Comparable models sell for over $300.00 . Must pick up at our farm located east of Ottawa, KS

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1917019294
At this point, we've pretty much given up on finding one and have resigned ourselves to the fact that we'll have to build one. I posted in this thread to give an update on the press we built, but I guess I should have started a new one.

Thanks for the tip though,

Jet

Where in the world did you find that picture, the bridge is really sharp, I would love to use it for labels
You mean the one in my blog? It was just one of the canned options that the blogging service offered.

I can't speak for Wade, but AFAIK it's OK to post as long as it's not copyrighted.

At this point, we've pretty much given up on finding one and have resigned ourselves to the fact that we'll have to build one. I posted in this thread to give an update on the press we built, but I guess I should have started a new one.

Thanks for the tip though,

You mean the one in my blog? It was just one of the canned options that the blogging service offered.

been trying for a while and can not get the plan to up load were you can see them, the program I draw them in wont let me export them in to a picture fromat. I will keep trying and see what I can come up with.
sorry didnt think it would be that hard.

Latest posts

Back