• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Fermentors

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. I'd wanna devise a faucet/spigot device for it though that wouldn't pick up bottomed-out sediment either.

Good point. I have a bottling bucket but no matter how I tighten the spigot it always leaks just a little bit. Just enough for me to not use it as a fermentor.

Interestingly enough my office has a 55 gallon brute trashcan that I noticed today. Thing is pretty darn sturdy which was another concern of mine. Now that I actually put my hands on one I could definitely see using one. If anything at least for a large apple must.

you could get a spigot at home depot a litle more sturdy than the ones sold for the buckets.

You have a recommendation for one? If the price is right. If I'm going to use a cheap Brute trashcan then I'm using it for the cost-savings. If I have to add a pricey spigot then maybe the total cost plus the extra effort of fabbing it into the Brute might not be that far off from a more expensive food-grade barrel that has the necessary accessories already installed.

No but any type of compression nut with the correct washer and, or caulking could work.
How much are the barels? Do they have spigots?

No but any type of compression nut with the correct washer and, or caulking could work.
How much are the barels? Do they have spigots?

Dave I agree with the compression and gasket or washer so they can be taken apart and cleaned. Myself I would stay away from caulking.

Latest posts

Back