Wrapped and labeled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlot

Junior
Reaction score
20070115_143505_bottles_with_la.JPG

They're not perfect - but I got all 29 bottles done today and on their "resting" rack - I found the dipping in boiling water to work best. Then to put the label on , I have a round jar opener rubber thing - It worked great to smooth out the label, while the bottled sat snuggly on what else but a cork trivet I had have for years!

This is my very first, start to finish batch.

Congrats merlot! Feel good huh?

they look very proud standing there together. So how was the tasting?

Awesome. It looks as though the shrink wraps needed to be held down
more unless the corks are sticking up out of the bottle. What an
awesome feeling havong done it all yourself huh! Youve already got me
beat on labeling bottles. Ive created about a dozen labels but have
never printed or applied one yet. That is about to change though as
some other members, No names,
smiley36.gif
have given me a tongue lashing! Im not critisizing believe me, You should have seen my first batch.
smiley24.gif

Edited by: wade

Now comes the hard part Merlot- you have to let it age for a year or two
smiley19.gif

Don't worry, you can sample one or two-I won't tell
smiley36.gif

Looking great!
smiley20.gif

Awesome job and isn't this great!
smiley32.gif
I still get a bit excited after bottling hundreds of bottles so when I get done I stand back and admire them for a few minutes.

Congrats , Nice label and great looking wine.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Looks great and excellent choice in your first batch! Luna Rossa is a great wine. I think it goes the best with home made pizza on whole wheat crust! Everytime we make that, that is the wine of choice in my house.

Thank you all for your replies! This is definitely a new passion for me - I have two more kits in process and plan on making several more before summer -

nice...if you're having trouble getting the shrink wraps just right, try a heat gun. Be careful, though, not too close!

Way to GO Merlot. I'm new as well and On my second batch. However All I did was label my first batch. I was thinking about those shrink wraps but did not go that far. NOW after seeing your production I will go for the top wraps. You did an OUTSTANDING JOB. VERY Nice. Hows the Wine?

Merlot,

Nice wine, bottles and very nice labels. Also, nice presentation....looks very inviting!!!

line59.gif

drinks04.gif

Ramona

Edited by: rgecaprock

Hi Mack,

I guess I kind of missed your post so I'm just now answering you...first welcome to the forum!!!

I use Print Shop 21 and what ever pictures I find interesting on Google and sometimes pictures I have taken. I was using regular white paper in my ink jet printer but found that the colors did not come out true. I started taking them to Fedex Kinkos and having them print them for me. A little expensive but they do such a nice professional job with the laser printer and I have them cut them also since I can't cut along a straight line. I just peel the backing and stick them on.

Do you make your own labels? We love to see pictures here so be sure to take lots and show us what you are working on.

Again , Welcome...........Ramona

Latest posts

Back