Wow, strawberry really drops sediment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noontime

Custom Label Printing & Design
Reaction score
Getting ready to transfer my strawberry/cranberry mead, and can't get over how much soft fluffy sediment there is. I've dealt with this many times with our mango wines so there's no problem with dealing with it, but man... this was just 9 lbs of fresh strawberries in about 7 gallons; sheesh! I can only imagine what a 100% strawberry wine would look like. :)
2021-11-21 14.56.35.jpg

Getting ready to transfer my strawberry/cranberry mead, and can't get over how much soft fluffy sediment there is. I've dealt with this many times with our mango wines so there's no problem with dealing with it, but man... this was just 9 lbs of fresh strawberries in about 7 gallons; sheesh! I can only imagine what a 100% strawberry wine would look like. :)
View attachment 81239
I did a fresh strawberry wine a while back, 100# worth, no water added. You can check out the pics on the second page to see the sediment I had in mine: The Strawberry

I did a fresh strawberry wine a while back, 100# worth, no water added. You can check out the pics on the second page to see the sediment I had in mine: The Strawberry
Wow, that one pic after degassing really shows how some of these fruits are harder to get wine out of. :) Yours looked roughly a little less than half. Again, wow. :) I didn't think anything was going to be as bad as mango, but looks like strawberry is the new winner! :)

Wow, that one pic after degassing really shows how some of these fruits are harder to get wine out of. :) Yours looked roughly a little less than half. Again, wow. :) I didn't think anything was going to be as bad as mango, but looks like strawberry is the new winner! :)
aand pineapple as well, um from fresh fruit
Dawg

most don't need water, very strong accidie's like elderberry, or banana/persimmon all need water at least to me, now as i have gotten more feebler, as bad as is it is to admit , i have went to only concentrates, and low and behold www.colomafrozen.com has banana concentrate. among many fruits,, berries,, and grapes,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back