WineXpert Wonder Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these kits. Do theymake a good wine?

Very easy to follow instructions and very good results if you are patient and follow the instructions. I thought you had been making wine kits. Some are cheaper and make good wine at least equal to $10-12 bottles at the local liquor store. Some are more expensive and make wine that needs to age at least a year and is as good as about any wine you can find in Arkansas.Most are 23 liter (6 gallon) and some are 15 liter (3 gallon). Making these kits will teach you alot about making wine in general.

smiley33.gif

Thanks Hippie. Have not tried a kit yet but thinking about giving it a try. I guess the closest I have come to a kit to date is the Vinters Harvest Peach puree I bought and is in the carboy now. I thought about trying a couple of these Wonder Wine kits for some quick wine to get me by while the others are aging.

Good idea. A low range Gewurtztraminer kit is a good place to start, then make something a little higher quality, then make a high price range kit. That way you will have some aging while you drink the others. Generally, the more concentrate a kit contains, the higher quality and the longer aging time. The quality of even the lower priced ones will surprise you.

I had never heard of this wonderwine so I looked it up online. But it's not like any kit I've ever heard of. A 2oz kit that makes a gallon--I don't know. Sounds like it might be okay as a starter for a cooler but I doubt it makes a drinkable wine on its own.It says it's dried fruit and flavor crystalsin one packet, yeast in another and clearant/sabilizer in a third packet but at 2oz it can't have much fruit in there--must be mostly just flavoring. It'scheap though at $2.75 +$7 shipping so you're not out much if you don't like it.

I'd suggest a 7.5 litre kit like vintner's reserve for an inexpensive early drinking wine. Yes it costs more but you'll get 6 gallons of a good table wine. If that's what you want. If you want a good cooler type wine the Island Mist kits are good and ready to drink a few weeks after bottling. For a really good wine to age, get the 15-16L kits.

Edited by: Jackie

Ooops! I thought we were talking about the normal wine kits.

Waldo, do not fall for those wonder kits! I thought you were asking about winekits such as the ingredient kits George sells here.

Sorry!

smiley3.gif

Thanks Jackie and Hippie. I thought they looked too good to be true but todays technology I wasn't sure. Now I am though. One more notch added to my walking stick in myever learning trek in wine making

Mercy, any teenager in the late 80’s- early 90’s could buy wonder wine kits in grocery stores, and the juice, and it could be made in recycled pop bottles. Yes it was cheap wine that left you with terrible hang overs, was also very potent.

Latest posts

Back