Wino Investing: What Stocks Interest You? (For informational purposes only. This is not investment advice.)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
I've gotten some great stock ideas off this site over the years, but they've always come as gems unearthed as asides to other discussions. So I thought I'd start this thread, since I know a number of us are investors, and see where it goes. Of course, anything posted here is for informational purposes only, and we are not advocating any stock. We are not providing investment advice of any kind. We're just chit-chatting.

I did pull the trigger on a few hundred shares of the newly offered Vintage Wine Estates (VWE), which just listed this week through a SPAC. My research indicates that it looks like it will be quite aggressive about buying up vineyards (31 to date), and I know how well that model worked to build Constellation Brands. We'll see what happens.

I'm not sure wine drinking and investing are a good combo, but I bought a little too. I didn't even know wine stocks were a thing until you brought it up.

I'm not sure wine drinking and investing are a good combo, but I bought a little too. I didn't even know wine stocks were a thing until you brought it up.

It has been an effective combo for me for 31 years. :D

About VWE, who knows? Analysts are saying $15 in a year. Check with me in 10 years. I use about 10% of my portfolio for long shots.

I bought Constellation Brands years ago and did quite well with it. I'm out of that now. This one is building up by using the same basic biz model. Interesting that it bought Firesteed. Mostly, I was interested in their store brand portfolio as the fuel to buy more upscale brands.

I see it is down today; probably insider selling. I'll buy some more when I'm sure it's around a bottom. Oooo, they have a program for owners of 500 or 1,000 shares. Discounts on their wines. Ooooo. Right. I already price checked and can get them cheaper online than the discounted price. :D Buy for the company, not the perks.

You might also check out Duckhorn.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 1.27.22 PM.png

I'm in Duckhorn, too. What other stocks are people finding that seem interesting? I generally have 10% that's just for long shots. For example, I own a lil stinker called Triterras, a fintech that does medium level financing deals for biz on a platform it created called Kratos. This is an under-served area of corporate fintech. If this lil company can ever get its stuff together, it could be a ten-bagger, IMO. Equal to the Amazon of midlevel fintech. So far, it has not gotten its stuff together yet. :) The options have been rich on it, too, so I have sold puts against it to bring in some cash and lower my exposure. Yep, it is speculative, but I am not selling for 10 years or more.

What's on your list of interest?

Latest posts

Back