Winexpert wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kogorman

Junior
Reaction score
I just bought a winexpert wine kit that I am very excited about making! My husband and I thought we had all the proper equipment, but it turns out that they want us to use a 8 gallon fermenter (to make 6 gallons of wine), but we only have a 6 gallon fermenter (well, actually we have 2 6 gallon fermenters). In order to get started right away - I was wondering if it would be OK to split the kit into the 2 6 gallon fermenters and then combine them later into the carboy (which we have the proper size of). Any thoughts???

I assume your kit uses a concentrate?
if so, then add water to about 5 gallons in your primary. When you rack it into the secondary, just add boiled and cooled water to top it up to the neck of your carboy.

The reason for the 8 gallon fermenter is to allow space for foaming.

I haven't made kit wines before, just wine from juice or fresh fruit and grapes. However, tonight I will be starting my first kit, a WE Chocolate Raspberry Port. If you do not have a large enough fermenting vessel I would split the kit in half, as close as you can, and use the 2 vessels you have available. Please note that most kit makers will not honor warranties if you do not follow their procedures exact.

You can do it in 2 buckets but do try to mix everything as equally as possible.

Latest posts

Back