Winexpert Valroza

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellar Vader

Reaction score
I’m looking for tasting notes from anyone who’s made this one. I don't even know if it has been available prior to this year, but I have this bulk-aging now, almost three months. Is this one of those early drinkers? Or should I continue to keep my hands off it for a year or so? Thoughts anyone?

The kit I made in 2015 was a WE SE Valpolicella (it states on Label peelers website that the Valroza was formally named the Valpolicella, so I think it's the same kit). Mixed it up as usual per the instructions (was only 1.080 SG) and added some grape skins from a prior ferment of Dornfelder (6 lbs added) that had been fermented with BDX yeast. My notes say I didn't add any other yeast so I'm assuming it fermented with BDX yeast.

All I can say is that it is gone, unless I have some hidden away that I don't know about. It was lighter in body but was very good in my opinion. I'd make it again once I get all my aging wines bottled. I have no notes about excessive kit taste (which is strong in some of the red kits). I'd have to classify it as an everyday Italian type red. Very enjoyable, but usually to complement a meal. I'm sure I did open one just to drink it, but I remember serving it numerous times with a pasta dish or pizza. Hope that helps!

It does help. Thank you. I actually made this for the upcoming deer season, and there’s always plenty of pizza. A perfect match, it sounds!

My kit was very much like
Ceeaton said minus the grape skins. I used the yeast in the kit IIRC. not a real early drinker. At 8-9 mos it wasn’t bad and at 12 it was pretty darn good. I think I have a bottle or two left.

I noticed that Winexpert has two Valrosa, one Vintners Reserve and one selection. Which one are you referring to?

Wow! A lot has changed in 30 years, right? I bet it’s like starting from scratch now.
Anyway, it sounds like I may not be taking this one up north in November after all. The guys will have to settle for a couple “boxes” of wine this season.
I’ll let this one live for 12 months at least. Thanks Joe.
~Paul

Latest posts

Back