Winexpert now only makes kits up to 14L

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbayav8er

Reaction score
I started out making Winexpert kits in 2014, but have only made RJS kits for the past 3 years or so. I was looking at Winexpert kits today, and noticed they have totally rebranded their kits, with the "private reserve" being their new premium wine kit, and it is only 14L of concentrated juice. Why?!?!? Also, I assume the quality is not as good as what their Eclipse line of wine used to be. So is RJS by far the preferred choice of wine kit at this point?

I started out making Winexpert kits in 2014, but have only made RJS kits for the past 3 years or so. I was looking at Winexpert kits today, and noticed they have totally rebranded their kits, with the "private reserve" being their new premium wine kit, and it is only 14L of concentrated juice. Why?!?!? Also, I assume the quality is not as good as what their Eclipse line of wine used to be. So is RJS by far the preferred choice of wine kit at this point?
The jury is still out on the quality factor, as they haven't been out long enough for anyone to be sure.

If you search this site, you will find another thread or two on this subject. It has been discussed extensively. As Brian55 pointed out, there has been no definitive assessment of the quality of the wine made from these kits. Many have wine in production and we are all waiting for the results. Intuition tells me that the wine will not be BETTER than the old Eclipse kits, but that remains to be proven or disproven.

We have used Eclipse kits for years, usually with excellent results. We recently started several Private Reserve kits and are waiting to compare results. Meanwhile we have 4 of RJS top kits started for the 1st time to compare the quality as a replacement. Also, not excited that the Limited Editions are now14 Liters

Yes, I'm not impressed by the switch to 14 litres. I've done several En Primeur kits from RJS, and they are absolutely fantastic, especially when using a varietal-specific yeast. I have a very hard time believing a 14L kit could beat the En Primeur product.

Back