Winexpert Luna Bianca question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunWino

Junior
Reaction score
I made a Luna Bianca kit last year, and it has turned out to be my favorite wine. So I just started another Luna Bianca kit tonight, and it seems like the directions have changed.

I really don't think my last kit called for stabilizing day 14 and clearing day 15...am I mistaken or have they changed the instructions?

They’ve changed the instructions. More like RJS now with 14 days in the primary and no secondary.

Instructions and ingredients have changed through the entire lineup. As far as I'm aware, the juices remain the same.

One thing to note with new Winexpert kits is that the bentonite is in bigger quantity, it works effectively, but in my shop we've been halving bentonite in the white kits due to the amount of wine lost in the whites due to sediment. Individual results vary, and I doubt there will be a massive issue either way considering Luna Bianca'a heavier Chardonnay style.

This is my wife's favorite. Not sure what they did to the instructions. But, 14 days in primary doesn't sound too radical.

My advice, use half the fpac in the primary, the other half after you stabilize. If it doesn't wind up above 1.02 or so, think about skipping the sorbate.

Why not forget the number of days and go by the SG?

Latest posts

Back