WineXpert Winexpert LE16

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering what are people's opinions on the limited edition red kits without skins? Are they on a par with the premium kits with skins or should expectations be a bit lower? It's a bit of a shame that only one of the kits from Winexpert and Vineco have skins...

it's my opinion and only mine, that the kits containing skins are superior to the ones without. more body and depth. skin kits are the only ones i make now and i have been making kits for almost 30 years. your mileage may vary

cheers

it's my opinion and only mine, that the kits containing skins are superior to the ones without. more body and depth. skin kits are the only ones i make now and i have been making kits for almost 30 years. your mileage may vary

cheers

I am of the same opinion. But of course, just my opinion.

Thanks both, confirmed what I feel also. Will certainly be making the Grenache Cabernet with Grape Skins and probably the Blanc de Noir. This looks like a really interesting wine and bottles of Blanc de Noir command a high price in the UK and don't appear that easy to come by. Cheapest I could find was £13, so 30 bottles would come in at £390, vs £90 for this kit. You do the math. I love this hobby!

Last edited:
LE17 Reviews

Anyone seen any reviews like Label Peelers has done in the past? The ones from Winexpert, so far are pretty minimal.

Thanks.

Looking at those 2 myself. Wow, crazy price differences. Total for both kits with shipping to me:

LP = $230.90
FVW = $297.16
HBS = $301.68 (WITH a 15% off flash sale coupon)

HBS is no longer showing any discount from MSRP on these products.

Vermentino and Blanc de Noir sound interesting.

Looking at those 2 myself. Wow, crazy price differences. Total for both kits with shipping to me:

LP = $230.90
FVW = $297.16
HBS = $301.68 (WITH a 15% off flash sale coupon)

HBS is no longer showing any discount from MSRP on these products.

LP is rockin' it.

I happen to live reasonably close to LP. They are very close to LD Carlson, therefore they send a truck to LD daily to pick for just in time shipping or in my case, pick up, saving all of us a lot of $. They have my full attention and business.

Just ran the numbers myself for the two WE White LRs. Prices, including tax and shipping:

FVW: $297.16
LP: $210.10

Add to that that through the LP rewards program I have a $15 coupon and I'm under $200 delivered. No brainer. My only beef is that LP charges your card when you order and FVW (as well as most others) don't charge until they ship. But in saving almost $100, I'm OK with that.

Just for fun, I checked the place that shall not be mentioned, and they were $240 delivered.

Just ran the numbers myself for the two WE White LRs. Prices, including tax and shipping:

FVW: $297.16
LP: $210.10

Add to that that through the LP rewards program I have a $15 coupon and I'm under $200 delivered. No brainer. My only beef is that LP charges your card when you order and FVW (as well as most others) don't charge until they ship. But in saving almost $100, I'm OK with that.

Just for fun, I checked the place that shall not be mentioned, and they were $240 delivered.

Jim, as I had mentioned in the past, use the "Mail in Check or Money Order", works for me.
Then you pay when kits arrive to their location.

Last edited:
What the heck is that option?

I just emailed HBS to see if they would price match.........

Jim, as I had mentioned in the past, use the "Mail check", works for me.
Then you pay when kits arrive to their location.

Don't you guys see these options at checkout?
Time for you to up your eye glasses prescription.....:)

Order placed for both of them. Thanks, Varis.

How does this work? Do you get an email saying 'your kit is in and you're not getting it until you pay us'?

Order placed for both of them. Thanks, Varis.

How does this work? Do you get an email saying 'your kit is in and you're not getting it until you pay us'?

Based on the release date of the kit, I just keep an eye and give them a ring to pay with my CC on the phone. So far it has worked for me, no problem.
It's basically like if you picked the option to pickup the kit at the store.

Latest posts

Back