Winexpert Eclipse Three Moons

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, not sure what the "unmentionable place in FL" is, so if someone could PM me so I know not to make that mistake in the future. Thanks.

Anyway, Label Peelers has this kit for a huge discount at $119.99. This is below even the sale price you see on the product page... you have to add it to your cart first:
https://labelpeelers.com/wine-making/eclipse-three-moons-cab-sauv-18l-wine-kit-with-skins/

Even with shipping, that was far cheaper than I found it anywhere else. And they seem to still have it in-stock... most of the other places I looked were out of stock.

Then, you can take another 5% off if you have a Discover Card as Discover's quarterly 5% Cashback Bonus currently includes PayPal (and restaurants) and Label Peelers accepts PayPal. So be sure to link your Discover card to your PayPal account and make it be the default payment method.

A weird thing I've had happen with this kit, and I've only been doing this for close to three years so I definitely haven't seen everything - still learning. I followed the kit instructions and used the provided EC-1118. If I hadn't been taking hydrometer measurements every day I would have thought I had a stuck fermentation. I've never seen a bubble in my airlock (seated loosely). No foaming. I'm not complaining. It went from 1.080 to .992 in five days, but my experience the previous two summers with starting a kit in July was that I was flirting with too hot fermentations. Well the must was at 78F and ambient temps even higher, pretty much the same as previous July kits (think Eclipse Nocturne and Eclipe Bourbon Barrel) I'm just scratching my head.

A weird thing I've had happen with this kit, and I've only been doing this for close to three years so I definitely haven't seen everything - still learning. I followed the kit instructions and used the provided EC-1118. If I hadn't been taking hydrometer measurements every day I would have thought I had a stuck fermentation. I've never seen a bubble in my airlock (seated loosely). No foaming. I'm not complaining. It went from 1.080 to .992 in five days, but my experience the previous two summers with starting a kit in July was that I was flirting with too hot fermentations. Well the must was at 78F and ambient temps even higher, pretty much the same as previous July kits (think Eclipse Nocturne and Eclipe Bourbon Barrel) I'm just scratching my head.
Airlocks lie to people all the time. I trust them so little I never use them during primary fermentation.

Not to become the ultimate source of information on wine kits but on my last two kits I priced Label Peelers and they were not the best price point either time. Northern Brewer/Midwest are the same company and offer free shipping over $30 plus they give first order discounts and more to veterans. I got their best deal plus free shipping plus vet discount. label peelers has been higher when you add the shipping on every potential purchase I looked into. Buy as you choose after a close look.
Amazon has some deals too.

How do they lie to people ? Just asking

I'm curious about this, too. Seems most cases of them "lying" would just be cases of people not speaking the language of airlocks well, but I could be missing the obvious.

An airlock bubbling really just means there's a pressure differential of the gasses on one side of the lock. If you read anything else into it, you're not speaking the same language.

To state the obvious, Craig's statement was a provocative (but informative) way of saying that many people put undue trust in (and make unwarranted inferences from) the scant information provided by an airlock.

Never used airlock on my primary just a towel and hydrometer.
Only used bubblers on secondary and beyond.

How about "MLFlovessorbate." Better?

But in all seriousness, having started in the beer world a decade or so ago, Brett is magic.

Maybe my original post was a little harsh, it wasn't mt intention, I was just messing with you. Not being a brewer or beer drinker I didn't realize brett was an important factor.

Quick question - those that have the kit in hand, Does it include labels? Mine did not which does not seem right for an eclipse kit.

Back