Quantcast

Winexpert Eclipse Three Moons

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

ras2018

Reaction score
Mine tasted really really young and very oaky. I don’t think I’ll drink a bottle before it’s a few years old.

ras2018

Reaction score
I would be willing to take that bet.
Ha! I have more wine stashed away than I know what to do with. As surprising as it may seem, 2 years isn’t tough at all. I started this hobby in 2014 and still have bottles from that first year.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
Ha! I have more wine stashed away than I know what to do with. As surprising as it may seem, 2 years isn’t tough at all. I started this hobby in 2014 and still have bottles from that first year.
If you’re ever at a loss over what to do with your wine, I can send you my address. [emoji1303]

I don’t have that problem. I get into a new red wine at about the 2 year mark and it’s gone in about a year and a half. White wines get into rotation quicker and are gone just as fast.

Last edited:

Brian55

Senior Wino
Reaction score
If you’re ever at a loss over what to do with your wine, I can send you my address. [emoji1303]

I don’t have that problem. I get into a new red wine at about the 2 year mark and it’s gone in about a year and a half. Wine wines get into rotation quicker and are gone just as fast.
"Wine wines" eh? Reminds me of the time a friend of mine ordered a gin and Tanqueray.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
But I didn’t get to any work in the basement this weekend. Was in dc this weekend for work. Tired. Thinking about calling in sick today. I won’t... just like the idea.

StreetGlide

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
But I didn’t get to any work in the basement this weekend. Was in dc this weekend for work. Tired. Thinking about calling in sick today. I won’t... just like the idea.
Think I feel like that every Monday morning.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
Had some time last night, so I moved the three moons. It is green and a little bitey after 5 weeks. Pulled a good bit of co2 out of it with the AIO.

Will need to top up with a decent cab. I just bottled an Aussie cab-shiraz. So i might sacrifice a couple of them to the cause.

rustbucket

Reaction score
I started my kit today and was concerned about the 1.072 SG reading. Went ahead and added RC-212 and a quarter teaspoon of diammonium phosphate in expectation of grape skins adding sugars to the must over the next few days. Going back over this thread, I felt better about this seeing that jgmann67 had the same initial SG reading.

This will be my 4th attempt to make a Cab. The Eclipse Lodi Ranch I bottled last June doesn't seem to be coming around. It doesn't even taste like a cab. The two others I've made were both Winexpert World Wide French Cabs that were good, tasting like an inexpensive cab. I was satisfied with the results from the 10 liter kits based on the price I paid for the kits.

At double the 10L kit price, I expect an Eclipse kit to result in a wine with good varietal flavor and subtle complexities. I'm hopeful that Three Moons gives me what I'm looking for.

Heavycab

Junior
Reaction score
Just a FYI.. had the 3 moons drinking it now after 5 months and really like it. With more time should be much better but couldn’t wait. I just ordered another 3 moons and going tweak a little more American oak this time with spirals and give more time on the skins then bottle age for a year or more if I can stay out of it.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
Mine is on oak in bulk. Snuck a taste to see if that harshness had faded.

It did indeed. Definitely going to hit it with some TRE sometime down the road just to give it a little extra pucker. But, it’s got a real nice spine already.

This one is going to be a winner.

Latest posts