WineXpert Winexpert Classic Viognier feedback...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2weeks in & D47 fermentation done -- FG=.994

ABV=13.3%

Smells & tastes great. Cold crashing now & will bulk age 3-6months.

Cheers!

Racked to 20L Speidel for bulk aging. No oak. Targeting 3-6months for my 1st Viognier :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• 0111221305.jpg
    0111221305.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 0111221028.jpg
    0111221028.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 0111221029_HDR.jpg
    0111221029_HDR.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 20
Bottled my Viognier 2day after bit over 3months of bulk aging. Tastes & smells wonderful! Looking forward to popping 1st cork in a couple months ✌
Viognier is a great grape varietal I love it and loved working with it, I have experience with barrel fermented viognier interested though to hear how your kit turned out when you pop that cork.

Viognier is a great grape varietal I love it and loved working with it, I have experience with barrel fermented viognier interested though to hear how your kit turned out when you pop that cork.
This has been a delicious/aromatic wine! Lots of Great feedback from everyone that tasted it. The only quasi-negative from some was that the color was darker than Viognier typically is. Not having done one before - I wasn't sure how to respond or any changes that might be needed for future batches. Looking back, the color at bottling time is the exact same as for the last bottle - which we opened this past Sat. It was crystal clear - so I don't think it was a clearing issue.

I have another batch of the same in bulk aging - and getting ready to bottle middle of May.

This has been a delicious/aromatic wine! Lots of Great feedback from everyone that tasted it. The only quasi-negative from some was that the color was darker than Viognier typically is. Not having done one before - I wasn't sure how to respond or any changes that might be needed for future batches. Looking back, the color at bottling time is the exact same as for the last bottle - which we opened this past Sat. It was crystal clear - so I don't think it was a clearing issue.

I have another batch of the same in bulk aging - and getting ready to bottle middle of May.

The color is darker, wow, that is such a silly thing to be told. I have seen Chardonnay from commercial wines that were a nearly clear to a wonderful golden color, to nearly having a pink hue to them and everything in between.

I was at a wine tasting last week of all rose wines (50+ of them), they ranged everywhere from crystal looking to a wonderful red color. I'm nearly certain that no wine competition would count off for slightly darker Viognier. I know the one our wine club used to put on never did. Aroma, taste were the big factors.

I didn't find anything on Mr. Google about exactly the color of Viognier, but this generic about white wines - "The colour can be straw-yellow, yellow-green, or yellow-gold.:

The color is darker, wow, that is such a silly thing to be told. I have seen Chardonnay from commercial wines that were a nearly clear to a wonderful golden color, to nearly having a pink hue to them and everything in between.

I was at a wine tasting last week of all rose wines (50+ of them), they ranged everywhere from crystal looking to a wonderful red color. I'm nearly certain that no wine competition would count off for slightly darker Viognier. I know the one our wine club used to put on never did. Aroma, taste were the big factors.

I didn't find anything on Mr. Google about exactly the color of Viognier, but this generic about white wines - "The colour can be straw-yellow, yellow-green, or yellow-gold.:
Thank You for that feedback! As a relatively new wine maker still, I'm always looking to learn, understand, grow! :)

Cheers!

I've made several batches of WE Viognier and they all varied a bit in color even though they were crystal clear. Taste has always been excellent regardless of the color. Not to worry! :)

I have seen Sauvignon blanc that looked like water straight up crystal clear.

Thank You for that feedback! As a relatively new wine maker still, I'm always looking to learn, understand, grow! :)

Cheers!
That’s one thing about winemaking no matter how experienced you are, you can always learn something. I have worked in the industry for years and am still discovering stuff I didn’t know, learning, refining how I make my wine as I learn new things.

Latest posts

Back