winexpert Austrian tramminer-Reisling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenK

Reaction score
I started this kit today and it came with an f pack. Has anyone tried this wine before? I like my wines dry and am afraid I will have to pick between losing flavor or over sweetening if I dont ferment the f pack. Does WE sorbate their f packs?

I just did the En Primeur Riesling/Gewurz, and I put probably a little over half of the F pack into primary, and stored the other half in the fridge until required. It came with 2 sorbate packs, and I only added 1 of them. Will see how it turns out, because I like mine more dry as well. If you don't like any sweetness, I would ferment the entire f pack, and skip the sorbate.

If you added sorbate before fermentation you just ruined your wine as it will not take off. Sorbate stops fermentation.

Sorbate went in at clearing when the rest of the F pack was added.
Good because the way I read that sounded like it went in during fermentation. Let me know how it turns out as I might try the kit. Been wanting to do a white kit.

Definitely will. It's been in clearing for about 5 days, so it still has some time before bottling, but I'll keep you posted. I'm excited to try this one.

I'm a huge Riesling fan, a winery near me has this $18 Riesling that's just amazing. Lot of great fruit flavors and it gets expensive. Even though I've known the owners for a long time.

I'm with you on that. Riesling is quickly becoming one of my favorite whites. I like mine dry though, which is why I put in half the f pack during fermentation.

I'm with you on that. Riesling is quickly becoming one of my favorite whites. I like mine dry though, which is why I put in half the f pack during fermentation.
I will keep that in mind LOL. I just went and ordered a kit right now. I already got sold on it lol.

Im going to dump half of it in primary tomorrow. If I test SG before and after adding it in can I just add the difference to my starting gravity for finding ABV?

I put the entire fpac in during secondary. It boosted the SG by 0.006. If I have to back sweeten afterwords so be it but I doubt that will be the case.

Latest posts

Back