WineXpert Winexpert adds a new kit!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, what all did the kit come with?

It came with:
Juice and Grape Pack and sock
1 packet of Lalvin RC-212
2 packets of the oak saw dust (don't recall if was French or American Oak)
90 grams of French Oak cubes (Toast Level not indicated)
2 packs of Chitosan
Bentonite, Sorbate, KMeta

This is my 10th kit in my history of wine making. It was bottled on 2/7. The taste compared to every other kit I have completed was the absolute best. The Shiraz grape taste was pronounced and excellent.

Any tasting notes or observations on this kit a year later? I'll be starting mine next week and want to know what I can look forward to.

So, what was it like now after close to a year in the bottle?

I am going to start fermenting this kit tomorrow.

Notes at the one year mark: The over-oaked flavor I had at bottling has mellowed out quite nicely, the wine has developed a noticeable amount of varietal flavor and aroma. It's drinkable at this point, much more full bodied and more nose than most other kits I've tasted at one year old, but still a bit hot and fruit forward. This one's going to get a lot better with age, so I'm going to wait another 3 months or so before opening another.

Mine is resting comfortably in the dusty carboy, no idea how it's doing as far as taste goes. It looks really good though :)

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

18 months and it tastes fantastic - Baby's got Body! Great Shiraz, glad I made it!

Mine is at 1y1m and is fruit forward and completely drinkable. So far this one comes a good second next to my favourite Stag Leaps (1y6m).
I haven't been wine making very long and was starting to feel that i couldn't make the quality i normally buy (£6-10). However with patience!! these kits have renewed my faith in the ultra-premium range. Glad i stuck with it.

Latest posts

Back