WineXpert Winexpert adds a new kit!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggerdan17

Self Made Thousandaire
Reaction score
I'm so excited to get this kit as this grape is my all time favorite to make wine with :HB

NEW Eclipse Barossa Valley Shiraz with Grape Skins

Posted by Winexpert, November 8, 2013 | 0 Comments

The Barossa Valley is Australia’s quintessential wine region. Located in South Australia, Barossa Valley is one of Australia's oldest wine regions dating back to 1841. However, it wasn’t until the late 1900’s that Barossa Shiraz became well known internationally, and was considered its own unique style of Syrah.

This style of big, full bodied Shiraz with rich notes of chocolate and spice has become synonymous with Barossa Valley and Australian wine in general.

Tasting notes: Aromas of robust blackberry, peppercorns and smoked meat. Full-bodied yet smooth with big, dark, peppery fruit and plush texture on the palate. This full-bodied wine needs an equally rich dish to stand up to its big aromas and flavours. Think thick stews, or grilled steaks with sautéed mushrooms. The dark fruit notes in this wine would also pair beautifully with roast pork and cranberry chutney.

Add Barossa Valley Shiraz to your collection of fine Eclipse wines today.

I was just commenting to myself not long ago that it was strange WE did not have a ultra premium Syrah/Shiraz kit like the other manufacturers do. Now they just need an Eclipse Malbec or even a Super Tuscan blend.

I really like the eclipse line so far, I just bottled the cabernet, and it really seems to have potential. I love syrah, so this is definitely on my list.

Awesome, I grew to love this grape through Shot Fire Shiraz. Can't wait, it on the to do list!

How much is that kit ?

Ordered mine today< be two weeks till my LHBS gets it in, $145 Canadian pesos :mny

He said he could have received it in an order he got in yesterday but didn't think it would be a good seller so he never ordered any . He couldn't stop talking about how good the stags leap Merlot has been selling (can't keep it on the shelves). Also he said that the Kenridge LE of the Grand Red was such a hit last year that people came back after bottling the first one and snapped up 3-4 kits at a time. They are offering the Grand Red 2 this year and me thinks i may just have to order a couple....

Last edited:
Im excited about this one two! Glad to hear the grand red was so good mine is still aging!

Ordered mine today< be two weeks till my LHBS gets it in, $145 Canadian pesos :mny

He said he could have received it in an order he got in yesterday but didn't think it would be a good seller so he never ordered any . He couldn't stop talking about how good the stags leap Merlot has been selling (can't keep it on the shelves). Also he said that the Kenridge LE of the Grand Red was such a hit last year that people came back after bottling the first one and snapped up 3-4 kits at a time. They are offering the Grand Red 2 this year and me thinks i may just have to order a couple....

I did order the Kenridge Grand Red II. Wish I would have ordered the Grand Red from last year. Maybe I should order another Grand Red II?

If I'm not mistaken, this WE Shiraz kit is a Limited Edition offering. It will not be among their ongoing line of kits.

If I'm not mistaken, this WE Shiraz kit is a Limited Edition offering. It will not be among their ongoing line of kits.

Not the one mentioned by the OP.
You may be thinking about the South African Cabernet/Shriraz, that one is a Limited Edition on pre-orders which I think the deadline is over to order.

@Geek: you're right. I confused that kit with the South African Cab/Shiraz. Thanks for correcting my error.

I'm so excited to get this kit as this grape is my all time favorite to make wine with :HB

NEW Eclipse Barossa Valley Shiraz with Grape Skins

Posted by Winexpert, November 8, 2013 | 0 Comments

The Barossa Valley is Australia’s quintessential wine region. Located in South Australia, Barossa Valley is one of Australia's oldest wine regions dating back to 1841. However, it wasn’t until the late 1900’s that Barossa Shiraz became well known internationally, and was considered its own unique style of Syrah.

This style of big, full bodied Shiraz with rich notes of chocolate and spice has become synonymous with Barossa Valley and Australian wine in general.

Tasting notes: Aromas of robust blackberry, peppercorns and smoked meat. Full-bodied yet smooth with big, dark, peppery fruit and plush texture on the palate. This full-bodied wine needs an equally rich dish to stand up to its big aromas and flavours. Think thick stews, or grilled steaks with sautéed mushrooms. The dark fruit notes in this wine would also pair beautifully with roast pork and cranberry chutney.

Add Barossa Valley Shiraz to your collection of fine Eclipse wines today.

I don't see this as an option on Brew & Wine's website.

Doug, do you, or, are you going to carry this Eclipse?

Latest posts

Back