Wine's Potential Covid Protection?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to look for articles on this.

Have seen Two Covid related articles this month have found a correlation between using CBD and resistance to alpha and beta covid variants. The work was too early to have numbers on delta or omicron.

Last edited:
Interesting... There are a lot of confounding variables that could be at play in the data association in the article. I sure do like the idea of it though! Yep… time for more research.

I am always cautious, and very suspicious, about any link anyone suggests on ways to "reduce" COVID risks. Far too often I have found them to be flat Earthers, or similar, making silly claims.

But I have to admit, the text at this link was very fair and very honest about the limits of the study. Worth a review. Kudos to @Fencepost for a good link.

From one of those articles, before we all get excited about drinking more wine:

A study like this looks at correlation, not causation, so it's unclear why red wine drinkers had a lower infection rate. It could be that other factors are at play: Red wine drinkers may be less likely to suffer from other COVID risks; they may exercise more or have better nutrition; or they may be more likely to be vaccinated.

Correlation does not mean causation. It's really just a oh we noticed this in the data. Of course, I will be making certain to point it out to everyone I know, particularly to my MD, who I go see next week and that's why I haven't lost weight.

From one of those articles, before we all get excited about drinking more wine:

Correlation does not mean causation. It's really just a oh we noticed this in the data. Of course, I will be making certain to point it out to everyone I know, particularly to my MD, who I go see next week and that's why I haven't lost weight.
Yes, I thought, "Maybe those who drink wine also do things that decrease their risk of getting COVID"

Back