Winery Tours

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
For Easter the whole family, including three dogs, went to SC to visit with my step son who also has a dog. We had a blast. While there, I made everyone do some wine touring on Saturday afternoon.

We went to three wineries, Rocky River, Dennis and Uwharrie. Rocky River was my favorite. All three wineries had some great wine, and totaly made you feel at home but Rocky River just took it to the next level on friendliest.

Wade, I came home with 2 CASES OF MUSCADINE WINE! :try :try :db :b. I got semi-dry to sweet and scuppernong to noble. I am in heaven :h I, also, picked up a Blueberry, Chardonnay, and a Cabernet Sauvignon.

Sounds like you had a great time Julie! Next thursday we are driving to my sisters in Williamsburg, VA.. They have a few wineries in that area, and she is mapping out our tour.. We can't wait.. Also going to Busch Gardens Europe on Saturday, then we are all going to Raleigh, NC on Sunday/Monday! Going to be a crazy few days, and lots of driving, but we are up to the challenge!!

:b

Daryl,

Go to www.catchwine.com They list wineries by state, just click on the state and you will get a list. There are some wineries in Raleigh, if you have time check them out as well.

Sounds like a good trip. When we were coming home last month from picking up my sons car in SC, we came home 68 through MD. I was surprised at the number of wineries in that area.

Sounds like a good trip. When we were coming home last month from picking up my sons car in SC, we came home 68 through MD. I was surprised at the number of wineries in that area.

Before Prohibition, NC was a prominent wine country and did you know that the Rum Runners during Prohibition was actually the creation of NASCAR?

Daryl,

Go to www.catchwine.com They list wineries by state, just click on the state and you will get a list. There are some wineries in Raleigh, if you have time check them out as well.

Thank you for that link Julie! Ever been to the Finger Lakes area? We go every August and do most of the Seneca Lake wineries, and some on Cayuga Lake.. It would be cool to get a bunch of people together and rent one of the Tour Buses for the day! They pick you up at your Hotel, and drop you back there at the end of your tasting tour. When it's just the Inlaws and us it stinks because someone is always left out so we have a designated driver.. Some of the wineries also serve food, Wagners & Fox Run come to mind as a couple of our favorites. Also, it seems to be very popular to make very sweet wines, and at this point we know which ones to avoid..

Hey Julie, sounds like you guys had a blast. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as you. Is it time to build more wine racks yet?

Whinemaker,here's a list for north carolina with a few more places that have opened up lately too. I just wish I could move down to my land there and finally start my vineyard. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Hey Julie, sounds like you guys had a blast. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as you. Is it time to build more wine racks yet?

Actually, yes everyone did enjoy themselves but Megan puked out after the first winery. She is more of a beer drinker than a wine drinker. But we went to the Flying Saucer on Sunday after stuffing ourselves like pigs at Waldhorn Restaurant. The Flying Saucer is a Draught Emporium, with over 100 beers on tap. Mike and Megan were in their glories so much so that they joined the UFO club. After you drink 200 of their beers you get your name on a plate and hung on the wall. I see a lot of trips down south :slp

speaking of tours..we had our very first ever today...30 ladies from the local garden club....nice group..lots of questions...there is something strangely magical that comes w people who visit a vineyard...its a nice sight to see

Thanks.....i was worried because its our busy season and i didnt have a chance to prepare anything for the, for the event...so i opened the doors and said to them ...feel free to interrupt me and ask whatever you want.....( and they did hahahah)

and before you know it 2 hours had passed...it was great

Yep, open the doors and open a few bottles and the questions and wine flow! We went through 16 bottles of wine at the pruning tour and tasting! I passed out a few door favors to select people who I see as customers some day. I don't see it as give away my wine, but making new friends and customers.

Grapeman, your a wise a$$! Julie, I love me some Musky!

I guess I better put on my flameproof clothes Wade!::
Next time you come up for a some currants or something, we can hopefully have a proper tour and tasting at that winery, it isn't a far drive from my place!:b

Latest posts

Back