winery names

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help me name my Winery!

• Promise Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Southern Serinity

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Hazy Daze

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Lazy Daze

• Kimberly Vinyards

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Thirsty Tiger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neeshac

Reaction score
I am trying to come up with a name for my labels. I am from Alabama, I am an Auburn fan, but my wife and kids like Bama. I was in the Marines. I like football and other sports. I fix helicopters for a medical transport company for a living. I have a wife, son, and daughter. I am trying to come up with a name. So please help me with the info I have given! Offer up a name, or comment on the ones I have come up with. Here is what I have so far.

Yellow Hammer
War Tide (War Eagle and Roll Tide)
Leatherneck
Rotorhead
Hazy Days
Me and Them
Southern Serenity
Jarhead

"Me and Them" shows some personality, while "Southern Serenity" has a nice ring to it; these would be my favorites

Yellow Hammer / War Tide / Leatherneck / Rotorhead / Jarhead, all have that military / mechanical feel to them - which, if thats an indication of your personality then those may be possible choices but to me they lack the organic finesse you can find in the wine world, so while it might fit you, it might not fit your wines..

(I could be 'off' about where some of those names come from, I'm just basing it off the 'feel' of the words)

Just depends on your 'target audience'. If its all friends and people who really know you, then those mechanized names might really work for you and make you an individual, especially if other friends are making wines as well..

But say you give one to the neighbor you dont know so well, or the repairman who happened to save the day.. They might have an impression before opening the bottle, as we all do, yet their impression could possibly keep them from opening the bottle.. If ya get what I'm sayin (its late, its been hot, and im sooo beat :) )

"Me and Them" shows some personality, while "Southern Serenity" has a nice ring to it; these would be my favorites

Yellow Hammer / War Tide / Leatherneck / Rotorhead / Jarhead, all have that military / mechanical feel to them - which, if thats an indication of your personality then those may be possible choices but to me they lack the organic finesse you can find in the wine world, so while it might fit you, it might not fit your wines..

(I could be 'off' about where some of those names come from, I'm just basing it off the 'feel' of the words)

Just depends on your 'target audience'. If its all friends and people who really know you, then those mechanized names might really work for you and make you an individual, especially if other friends are making wines as well..

But say you give one to the neighbor you dont know so well, or the repairman who happened to save the day.. They might have an impression before opening the bottle, as we all do, yet their impression could possibly keep them from opening the bottle.. If ya get what I'm sayin (its late, its been hot, and im sooo beat :) )

I see what you are saying. I want it to feel personal, like I am my wine, and not just a name. I am "marketing" to friends and family, but I am hoping to expand that to friends and family of friends and family. So I want the name I choose to be as sincere as the wine I am making. That fact is as important as the product I am presenting, even though I will not be charging for it.

We're in the same boat! My first vote then, would be for "Me & Them" - dunno if you have a pet to be the "Them" on your label, but that'd definitely be a personal touch but the label would kind of be the same on every bottle, minus the name, unless you were always taking new pictures of "Them"

My second vote would be the "Southern Serenity", with a picture of whatever is most-serene to you about where you live.. Whether it be the sun rise/set, a particular creek/pond/lake or road/hwy/hang-out place.. There's a lot of different types of photos that you could swap onto a label, with a name like that; very flexible for the actual image on the label.

That would tie in you, the place you're from, and a sliver of what you value in life - then they open the bottle and find out just how much care you put into what you value in life.

Guess I'd have to change around them votes, after writing this.. Southern Serenity is more tweakable

Dont let me 'sell-ya' though
Wait and see what others have to say; I bet theres a mess of comments on this by noon tomorrow

Neeshac, Here are a few of suggestions:

Southern Comport (meaning a Southern way of life)
Crimson Tiger (mixing Alabama and Auburn mascots)
Tusks and Stripes (referring to the mascots)
Son of a Tun (referring to the place of origin of the USMC)
Alabama Slamma
Keen Gyrene
Chopper Doctor

If you lived on Bone Dry Road you could call it Bone Dry Winery.

Do you live in a valley or on a mountain or near either.

I do like Yellow Hammer or Yeller Hammah or Yeller hammer.

If you live near Majestic, Majestic Vineyards would be cool. I like that name Majestic.

Looks like I am the only vote for Hazy Days, but that sounds great to me. Describes a southern afternoon on the back deck with a nice glass of wine.

That's my vote.

Wow you guys are great! I am loving the input. There are some great names offered that I had not thought of. I do live near Bone Dry Road BTW in a subdivision called Promise Manor (Promise Manor Winery?) on Promise Trail (Promise Trail Winery?) I think I will wait and hopefully hear from a few more people, then offer up 4 or 5 for a vote! Thanks all!

I'm a contrarian. I wonder if it might be useful to think not of a name for your wines but an image. After all, you are not planning on creating a commercial winery you just want those you give your wines to to remember where the wine came from so a photo or a drawing or painting that captures your sense of who you are or how you see your wines or your vision or hope for the world. Perhaps Kimberly has an number of iconic images with which the locals are all familiar (Saratoga where I live is famous for horse racing so one winery uses different images of horses). Just a thought.

I am trying to come up with a name for my labels. I am from Alabama, I am an Auburn fan, but my wife and kids like Bama. I was in the Marines. I like football and other sports. I fix helicopters for a medical transport company for a living. I have a wife, son, and daughter. I am trying to come up with a name. So please help me with the info I have given! Offer up a name, or comment on the ones I have come up with. Here is what I have so far.

Yellow Hammer
War Tide (War Eagle and Roll Tide)
Leatherneck
Rotorhead
Hazy Days
Me and Them
Southern Serenity
Jarhead

I like Southern Serenity, for your aged wines, big reds etc. I would maybe change the Hazy Days to Lazy Days for your early drinkers, You can have some fun with that. My label is Bakervinyards, I'm a professional baker and I make wine for fun. Just my .02 cents worth. Bakervinyard

Neeshac, there was a great movie in the early '60's called "Promises! Promises!" starring (here they are) Jayne Mansfield. She would not look too hateful on a label. Also, If you plan to use Hazy Days or Lazy Days, why not change the "Days" to "Daze?"

Rocky, you are on one hell of a roll!!!! Great names and ideas.

Neeshac, there was a great movie in the early '60's called "Promises! Promises!" starring (here they are) Jayne Mansfield. She would not look too hateful on a label. Also, If you plan to use Hazy Days or Lazy Days, why not change the "Days" to "Daze?"

I've been kicking around Lazy Daze for a long time; might have been where Rocky originally read about it.. Hence my lack of comment on the Hazy Days :)

I just couldnt create a logo that I liked.. Not the Label, cause those change bottle-to-bottle.. But the logo is the same on every bottle.. I couldnt nail it

Proof :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back