Winemaking success!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivywoods

Reaction score
I started winemaking last fall and with the help of this forum and YouTube I'm feeling like it's been a success so far. I've made gewurztraminer, wild plum, raspberry, tart cherrynand just started a batch of possum grape wild plum combo. I have more elderberry to make next.20210731_144515.jpg20210731_144557.jpg20210731_144608.jpg

Scooter 68-LOL! Organized, yes. Neat? That's highly debatable! Right now I'm enjoying a glass of my skeeter pee failure that was rescued with some tart cherry, so it's cherry lemon. It's some from the bottom of the carboy that I put in the fridge to let the sediment settle. It's pretty tart and I like tart.

Raptor 99. No, it's not a Costco shelf, but it is just like the chrome plated shelves that they sell in a number of places with the exception of the wine shelves. I ordered this complete unit off the internet but I can't remember from what company. If you google chrome plated wine rack you will find a selection of them.

Your winery and cellar look as if you have been making wine professionally for many years. More success to ya.
Thank you so much! I just started last fall, but I've done a lot of reading and have help from a number of knowledgeable folks on this site!

what the heeeeeck is a possum grape?
It is essentially just a wild grape. There are several different native varieties this term might refer to. I assume the name comes from opossums eating the fruit.

I broke my first bottle a few weeks ago. Luckily, mine was empty - just prepping for bottling! I broke my first hydrometer yesterday, though.

Hope the mess wasn't too bad for you!
This one was full of gewurztraminer! I hated to loose it. So far I haven't broken my hydrometer but I know I should order an extra. I assume it will happen to me sometime.

So far I haven't broken my hydrometer but I know I should order an extra. I assume it will happen to me sometime.

If you order an extra one now, you will NOT break your current one. However, if you do not get a spare, you WILL break your current one. :)

This one was full of gewurztraminer! I hated to loose it. So far I haven't broken my hydrometer but I know I should order an extra. I assume it will happen to me sometime.

I knocked on wood as soon as I read this. Hopeful it will protect us all.

I remember washing the first hydrometer I bought. Rinsed it off and, picking it up by the thin part, I gave it a good shake to shake the water off. I ordered a couple replacement's the same day! :mad:

Back