Winemaking Out of a Studio Apt

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertumnus

Reaction score
I just wanted to share with you guys how one can practice winemaking no matter where they live! First two photos are of my "brew closet" where the magic happens in a tiny closet meant for jackets and shoes. The bubbling beauties you see are of my carrot wine and my skeeter pee. Hopefully they become my first successful batches. The rack above is good for 1 gallon jugs and holding canes and tubing and the floor will maybe fit five carboys at capacity. The third photo is just to give you an idea of the size of my apartment and what I'm working with. That's all, folks!

20140510_160321.jpg

20140510_160328.jpg

20140510_160336.jpg

Thanks seth! I'm actually considering what I should top up the carrot wine with. The original recipe from the winemaker's handbook has the carrots being initially mixed with grape concentrate so I'm thinking I'll use that. Also, the bubbles on the rim of the must are from my ghetto degassing method of shaking it vigorously, haha.

I feel ya! I'm also an apartment dweller, we have 3 bedroom but they are all taken. We also have to make space for our home office.

I primarily use my kitchen counter as lab space, but I do have a similar closet for carboy storage, etc.

very nice! I am technically an apartment dweller too. I own the place though. mine is a large house converted sometime in the 1930's to two apartments. I have the first floor which is a kitchen, living room, 1 bed room and office room and has a full bath. I do my wine making in the basement which is a large shared area for laundry and such that I set up a work table on the end with my washer & dryer where i do the fermenting and bottling. my tenants don't seem to care and leave it alone. I have a lockable storage area in the rear of the basement that I store the finished product in.

Latest posts

Back