RJ Spagnols Winemakers trio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockabout

Reaction score
Just started two of these.it contains grape skins in 2x1 liter containers - easy to handle by myself. Also includes 2 medium toast I'd guess, oak powders and 1 heavy or med plus bag of oak powder. Juice is a delicious dark inky purple.
Looks great!

How is this one coming along? It is on sale at my LHBS and was curious how it compares to other Winery Series kits?

I have it ageing. I did 2 kits and divided them up into 15 different containers ageing with 15 different types of oak and oak blends. The juice smelled wonderful. I think it is hard to go wrong with this line of kits, but I have really high hopes for this one. I don't bottle till 6 -9nths out and haven't done any tastings yet other than the juice though.

Thanks, pretty much what I thought... In the winery series I have the cab, the shiraz, the Super tuscan, and the Amarone all going into bottles shortly and they all seem like they will be excellent. I was going to chose between a Chilean Juice bucket or the Winemakers trio, but now I think I might have to do both...

I just bottled this one. I think it's going to be delicious. It's a cab, zinfandel Syrah blend. It'll be a very nice red, drinkable now but I think it'll be much better in time.

Update!
We just drank the first split yesterday. It is good - will be better in 9 months or so. But velvety red, cooked red fruit, tobacco and mocha. A nice red to drink by itself. I would recommend.
I add extra tannins and oak fwiw.

Latest posts

Back