RJ Spagnols Winemaker's Trio White

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's new-ish. without asking i'd assume it would have an fpack because off dry/med-sweet whites outsell bone dry ones

such a lack of information on these kits though. they don't think about the diy crowd at all.

I agree, they should say how many liters of juice, whether f-pack is included or not, or at least whether is off-dry or not to give us an idea.

I just picked up this kit, its 18liter of juice, it does come with an sweetener pack but its only 125ml (1/2cup). It comes with an optional set of instructions saying with the sweetener pack it finishes as a dry wine and if you want off dry wine to add wine conditioner to it

Is there a separate package of wine conditioner? Or is the sweeting pack is what there referring to? If so the that's the back sweetner there referring to.whick is it? A conditioner isn't a sweetner.

Is there a separate package of wine conditioner? Or is the sweeting pack is what there referring to? If so the that's the back sweetner there referring to.whick is it? A conditioner isn't a sweetner.

There is no seperate conditioner pack, it says i have to purchase it seperatley if i choose to add it. The kit comes with the sweetening blend (125ml) pictured above.

Last edited:
Wine conditioner is a sweetener, you can buy it from MoreWine. Their description of the product they sell is:

"Wine Conditioner is a combination sugar/sorbate solution for adding to a fermented wine in order to give it some residual sweetness. The sorbate helps prevent refermentation of the sugar that you have just added. Solution is 76-78° Brix."

Once your wine is finished according to the instructions, and you determine that you'd like it to be sweeter, you can easily accomplish the same result using sugar or simple syrup, along with an appropriate dose of sorbate.

I just picked up this kit, its 18liter of juice, it does come with an sweetener pack but its only 125ml (1/2cup). It comes with an optional set of instructions saying with the sweetener pack it finishes as a dry wine and if you want off dry wine to add wine conditioner to it

Where did you get it from and price?
Are you sure is 18L and not 16L of juice?

Where did you get it from and price?
Are you sure is 18L and not 16L of juice?

Yep its 18 liters of juice, i paid $150 canadian for it. I picked it up at my local RJS supplier. Every month they put 4 kits on sale, thats what i buy. Im frugal.

Last edited:
I have 12,16, and 18 liters marked on my fermenter pale so i will confirm this this weekend, but i can tell you its 18 liters because its the same size box as the trio red which i bought but the juice bag inside the white fills the box right to the top, the trio red says 18 liter kit as well but the juice bag doesnt fill the whole box, is only 16 liters because there was a 2 liter bag of crushed grape skins that fit in the box.

I stand corrected, getting old and forgetful, I was thinking of glucose ..

Curious if anyone has any feedback on this kit. Did you keep it as "dry" or did you add the optional wine conditioner to sweeten? I'm trying to get an idea of the flavor profiles of the "dry" version.

Curious if anyone has any feedback on this kit. Did you keep it as "dry" or did you add the optional wine conditioner to sweeten? I'm trying to get an idea of the flavor profiles of the "dry" version.

I added the sweetner pack, it didnt change the sg much at all, the sweetner pack was tiny, sg changed from 0.992-0.993 and that might even be pushing it, its quite tart and acidic right now, hopefully comes around by summer when i want a white wine

I added the sweetner pack, it didnt change the sg much at all, the sweetner pack was tiny, sg changed from 0.992-0.993 and that might even be pushing it, its quite tart and acidic right now, hopefully comes around by summer when i want a white wine

wow, it went up just that?

i added all F-pack as per instructions and the wine was perfect. wife does not care for the off dry kits but she loves this one. if I make it again, i will do the same thing

cheers

Latest posts

Back