Mosti Mondiale Winemakers Toolbox

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone make the 6 bottle producing Winemakers Toolbox from Mosti? They've got free shipping on 4 types and I just ordered the Chardonnay. $65 bucks so it's a little costly, but hey, it's only $65.

only $65?

For $67 Cdn (less 15% on first Tuesday of month) I can get a Cheeky Monkey white or rose. For $68 (less same 15%), I can get a Ken Ridge Classic red (and we really like the Merlot). Those are 10 litre 30 bottle kits.

Not sure if Winemakers Toolbox is a lot higher quality or not. 30 bottles of red with grape skins Ken Ridge Founders Series is $121 (less same discount).

Admittedly I wouldn't mind trying some different varieties in a 6 bottle size, but I doubt that I would for that price.

Steve

I think they market only to those 'on the fence' who are thinking about making wine. It comes with primary femerter, the bottles, labels and all the other stuff. I guess if you extrapolate the cost of the equipment and allocate the remaining cost to just the juice and chemicals, it's probably comparable to mediocre wine kits. Although I agree with you, it's expensive. My wife is starting to get on me about the amount of filled carboys in the bulk aging process and others that are in process. I figure I could hide a 6 bottle making kit without too much effort! And no, she does NOT need to know how much I spent.

OK that turns out to have been a very unfair comparison, but in my defense VV did not provide much info in this post. More info (specifically a link to the web-site) was provided in another post.

http://www.becomeawinemaker.com/Default.aspx

For $65 you get the wine kit PLUS the equipment to make it. Specifically..
1 bag of semi-concentrate grape must
1 fermentation vessel
6 bottles, 6 corks, 6 shrink caps, and 6 wine bottle labels
All additives required to make your very own wine
1 set of easy-to-follow instruction sheets

That would appear to be a better deal, and I hope VV posts some pictures when the package arrives.

Unfortunately they do not seem to sell just the must and additives. Your choice of Cab Sauv, Merlot, Sauv Blanc, or Chardonnay.

Steve

No worries! I will post some pix (before and after). Like I said earleir, I'm really not sure how this is going to end up. I thought I'd jsut take a chance and see what happens. I haven't seen any posts for that kit here so what the heck, right? And sorry cpfan, didn't mean to mislead.

I was given the Sauvignon Blanc to test it out when they first came out and it was a pretty darn good wine that it produced but the corks are only tasters corks. The fermenter that it came with had to be thrown out also cause it is a collapsible tank it I guess during the collapse it had made a crease which just barely started leaking. Otherwise they are great and the bung that it comes with is awesome as it screw right onto that fermenter and it actually fits right on a 1 gallon jug also. If they sold these separately I would buy a few just for the gallon jugs.

No! The actual kit is only about $4.00 more for 30 bottles! These kits are designed for people who are not sure if they want to try making wine before they invest in all the equipment. This is the Mosti Vinifera Noble kit line up and these kits range from about $70-$85 depending on the wine. I tasted mine at 3 onths and the next was about 8 months and then at 14 months and would say the 3 month was pretty good, the 8 month was very nice and didnt notice a difference at the 14 mark.

In some places, a one gallon wine kit is referred to as a "condo kit". Folks who don't want to get into regular size carboys can make a gallon at a time.

Vineco had such a product (Ken Ridge Intro) in 2007 but it didn't last on the market for a full year. It came with a fermenting pail, and a very nice Imperial gallon jug (4.54 litres), and I wish I had gotten a second one of those. Wine Kitz also has a 1 gallon product called Woodland Estate but the last store owner I talked to had never carried them, and didn't even know if it was still available.

Steve

For christmas of this year my wife gave me a Winemakers Toolbox. The wine is aging in the bottles from 1/27 It is a cab sauv. This kit is what got me into wine making. Now im hooked. Going to let it age a few more month's then I will open up a bottle. What I did was to use real corks #9 instead of the push in type that came with the kit.

Thats exactly what this Toolbox was designed for, to suck you in to our hobby! Bwaa haaa haaa haaa! Now you are 1 of us!

LOL, belive me, it's working... But it's a great idea to get you into this hobby. I plan on giving a few of them out this christmas to a few friends.

Latest posts

Back