Winemakers magazine contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought at one point it was supposed to be June 22? Everything is upside down.

It's been postponed to the week-end of July 24th, 25th and 26th. They send an email on June 11th about it.

May I ask what was it?

Got a bronze for my 2019 Pinot Noir. I was kind of bummed (not about the award. That's just cool to have). I was really hoping the judges would provide a bit more critique. They provided some, but being my first competition, I was hoping for more written feedback to assist me with future endeavors. Then again, I totally understand that getting your palate blown out tasting and reviewing hundreds of wines might lead to a bit of writer's cramp. lol

Last edited:
Got a bronze for my 2019 Pinot Noir. I was kind of bummed (not about the award. That's just cool to have). I was really hoping the judges would provide a bit more critique. They provided some, but being my first competition, I was hoping for more written feedback to assist me with future endeavors. Then again, I totally understand that getting your palate blown out tasting and reviewing hundreds of wines might lead to a bit of writer's cramp. lol

But were they consistent? I only entered one competition and the comments went from "you should go commercial" to "you should give up your hobby" for the same wine, exaggerating of course.

Latest posts

Back