Quantcast

Winemakers magazine contest

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
I thought at one point it was supposed to be June 22? Everything is upside down.

Sag12

Junior
Reaction score
It's been postponed to the week-end of July 24th, 25th and 26th. They send an email on June 11th about it.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
Just entered , first time waiting for the big reveal.or not?

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Is anybody from WMT going to the contest? If so, where will it be held?.......................Dizzy
I think it's usually held during the conference in June, but that was cancelled this year.

FXibley

Reaction score
looks like you can ship wine from sept 1 til oct 22, registration by oct 15

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
does anyone know how they give out their awards ???

DPCellars

A Donkey makes my wine
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
May I ask what was it?
Got a bronze for my 2019 Pinot Noir. I was kind of bummed (not about the award. That's just cool to have). I was really hoping the judges would provide a bit more critique. They provided some, but being my first competition, I was hoping for more written feedback to assist me with future endeavors. Then again, I totally understand that getting your palate blown out tasting and reviewing hundreds of wines might lead to a bit of writer's cramp. lol

Last edited:

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a bronze for my 2019 Pinot Noir. I was kind of bummed (not about the award. That's just cool to have). I was really hoping the judges would provide a bit more critique. They provided some, but being my first competition, I was hoping for more written feedback to assist me with future endeavors. Then again, I totally understand that getting your palate blown out tasting and reviewing hundreds of wines might lead to a bit of writer's cramp. lol
But were they consistent? I only entered one competition and the comments went from "you should go commercial" to "you should give up your hobby" for the same wine, exaggerating of course.

Latest posts